Author Topic: A DS Milestone  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A DS Milestone
« on: December 10, 2003, 06:02:34 PM »
Yes, we'd seen a couple (Carolyn and Jeb) in bed before, but there was never the absolute indication that they'd ever had sex. (Poor Jeb, well, who knows what sort of affect being persued by everyone's "favorite" effect, the shadow of death, might have had on his, uh, "manly abilities" - particularly considering that for all intents and purposes he should have already been dead.  [wink2]).

But in episode #1202, there's absolutely nothing left unawswered - Bramwell and Catherine! - yes, two DS characters!! - actually had sex!!!!  [lghy]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:A DS Milestone
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 06:49:20 PM »
A definite sign that we're in the Latter Days.

I seem to recall watching that scene somewhat open-mouthed, more or less thinking "did what I think just happened ... happen"?  As you're recall, back in those days we did not have the luxury of rewind, and we didn't have a cassette tape recorder yet in the house--if we had had one, I'm sure I would have been audiotaping DS, as so many did.

(And talking of that, I seem to recall a certain someone once telling me about a certain tape recording in his possession of Grayson Hall's Playtex bra commercial... hmmm, I wonder who that was???)

G.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 10:43:02 PM »
I know when i first read of this scene. . folks indicated that Bramwell was putting on his boots but alas.  . . it was just a fanciful recollection . .although what is there is PLENTY!  It's just like so many folks thinking that in the last Barnabas and Julia scene when they leave the Drawing Room they are holding hands. . .uh, no. . .just walking out together.  .to a dreadfully boring historical society opening.  .lucky kids!
Julia99

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 03:46:45 AM »
They did not have sex!  No one is Dark Shadows ever had sex!  That's like saying my parents had.....well, you know.  They would've never've done that!

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 05:13:23 AM »
No one is Dark Shadows ever had sex!  That's like saying my parents had...

Oh. So...[spoiler]both Catherine's and your mom's pregnancies were immaculate conceptions, huh?[/spoiler]

;)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 08:31:26 AM »
I seem to recall watching that scene somewhat open-mouthed, more or less thinking "did what I think just happened ... happen"?

Ya know what else is astounding?  They didn't even mess up the bed.  (Could they have done it on the floor?)   :o
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 08:46:21 AM »
...That's like saying my parents had.....well, you know.  They would've never've done that!

[lghy]
Gerard,
I know what you mean.  MINE would never have done that either.  I CAHN'T see it.   ???

Footnote:  Years ago I asked my mother how she managed to "have 4 children with that man."  (Nosy, aren't I!)
She shook her head with a rather dazed look and said, "I don't know."

ROFL
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 01:10:09 PM »
Well they damned sure didn't do it 'nekkid'.....'cause it would have taken Bramwell 2 entire episodes just to get her out of her clothes.... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 06:40:36 PM »
     I'm curious as to why everything was so tidy after the passionate deed.  Would the sensors(sp) have balked if the bed was open?  They were both completely dressed.  All Bramwell did was straighten his tie.  I know buttoning his fly would have been too much but what about slipping on his boots.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 08:23:04 PM »
Considering the notes that came from the censors in 1967 regarding Barnabas and Willie's relationship, where there really wasn't even the slightest hint of an implied or otheriwse sexual relationship between them, I can just imagine the sort of notes that must have come from the censors concerning how that scene between Bramwell and Catherine could be staged.  ;)

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 05:20:07 PM »

Ya know what else is astounding?  They didn't even mess up the bed.  (Could they have done it on the floor?)   :o

And they were still fully clothed. . i'm sure Catherine's dress was a bit mussed up, no?  Oh did she just hike it up .. ohhh now i'm getting tawdry.  ..
Julia99

Offline AllMyShadows

• Junior Poster
  • DS Fan All the Way!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 05:24:14 AM »

Perhaps the kitchen table?
DS on Sci-Fi
1992-1997, 1999-2003
Let's just hope TVLand picks it up or something like that lol