Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0712  (Read 436 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0712
« on: May 28, 2014, 05:28:16 PM »
Robservations #712

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0712

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:24:37 PM »
Roger Davis avoids his Texas accent for the VO.  I liked Ang's mouthing of silent words when choking Rachel, who then mouths them too.  Angelique gets on the job fast... as does Barnabas... The music box is now family property but never mind... Poor Barnabas, looking at Rachel's neck while they hug.  That was a moving look on his face.

Edward suspects Rachel fainted (and choked??) because she might be pregnant!  Dirk and Ang, good scene.  Dirk tells Ed.  Rachel in Barnabas's coffin!!  Bun bun BUM!!!  By Gordon Russell.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 02:35:47 PM »
Improbably good scene with Dirk and Angelique. As her spell-casting music comes up, she tells him, You don't know me or your life. He replies, "I think you're very nice." Somehow this actually works for me.

Once Dirk has interrupted Angelique's spell, Rachel recovers but arrives at what she thinks is the only possible explanation. There must be something wrong with me! she says, starting to panic. Barnabas assures her there isn’t. It’s the only answer! she exclaims. Oh, Mr. Collins! she cries as she buries her face in his highly available shoulder. I’m so frightened, she says as she leans into him, thereby exposing her very biteable neck. Barnabas struggles to resist as he pulls her collar away and gazes down.

Edward comes in and is shocked, shocked at their apparently compromising position. At his pompous best, he is even more ridiculous than his grandson, Roger! Barnabas rescues them both, but Angelique, alone again at the cottage, is entirely unappeased. She starts casting a new spell, and Rachel arrives at the cottage, where Angelique puts a spell of obedience and forgetfulness on her.

Dirk returns and tells Edward that there was a strange woman in the cottage. (RD has some trouble with his lines, and LE helps him out.) Edward gets huffy about another one of "Quentin's women," but Barnabas quickly puts two and two together. He finds nothing amiss at the cottage, but when he opens his coffin for his day's rest--!