Author Topic: Roger Davis Threat Level  (Read 1999 times)

David

Roger Davis Threat Level
« on: December 06, 2003, 07:30:20 PM »
Funniest thing I've ever seen here, and so true!

At a fest 12 or so years ago, Rog announced that he was looking for his Twilight Zone episode. I offered to copy it for him, as I have that entire series.

He asked me to copy it, give him the original, and keep the copy for myself!!!

Needless to say, he never got his tape!!

LOL   LOL   LOL   LOL   LOL   LOL   

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re:Roger Davis Threat Level
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 03:29:58 PM »
wow he can't watch the Sci Fi T zones marthons and copy it for himself! i've seen it a million times!( just a tad taken with himself i see >:D)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 06:38:54 PM »
Funniest thing I've ever seen here, and so true!

Well, we really must thank MsCriseyde for that concept ([thumb]); I simply put it into practice.

Too bad you weren't a member when the Roger Davis Hair Touching Tally was a feature on the forum's opening page while each of his episodes ran on Sci-Fi. Unfortunately, the hair touching counter elves (you had to be there  ;)), whose responsibility it was to keep track of RD's hair touching, went on strike (if it had been your job, wouldn't you have done the same?!) shortly before Jeff Clark faded away into the 18th century (YAY! And good riddance!!) - but the tally had already grown to a whopping 95 touches before then.

My fondest hope is that once DS finds a new home and RD episodes begin running again, the elves can be persuaded to come back on board to finish their job so that we can have a complete and accurate number...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 07:08:31 PM »
Hard to believe, isn't it, that such a universally significant tally hasn't already been verified, codified and recorded in the archives of some great University?   ::) 
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

David

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 07:16:26 PM »
Why shouldn't everyone run their hands through his hair? He's so sexy, and such a great actor!

At his next appearance, don't ask him to sign one of his shirts, just run your hands through his hair!

I'm getting horny just thinking about it!

LorraineAAB

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 08:15:26 AM »
Why shouldn't everyone run their hands through his hair? He's so sexy, and such a great actor!
At his next appearance, don't ask him to sign one of his shirts, just run your hands through his hair!
I'm getting horny just thinking about it!

Talk about oil-slicked hair   [silly]
--- PALM oil, and I don't mean, from a tree.

Oh, what else did he do?  Rather too grabby with Miss Vicki, as I recall. [bigok]
Even TLATKLS complained about him in her memoir--- not specific though, it could have been his acting style [nut] OR his hands. [bigok]

Maybe those who fear that Relentless Entrepreneur [deal2]
 should band together and get T-shirts with the logo:

" [peepwall] ROGER'S DODGERS[peepwall]" !

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 08:34:16 AM »
I beg you - please don't let me get started again on how annoying it is that RD seemed to believe that he could express any/every emotion simply by touching his hair.

But...

Maybe those who fear that Relentless Entrepreneur [deal2]
should band together and get T-shirts with the logo:

" [peepwall] ROGER'S DODGERS[peepwall]" !

I absolutely LOVE this idea!! [lghy]

(Would it be considered too tacky to ask RD to make up the T-shirts for us completely free of charge? After all, printing T-shirts IS one of his enterprises. And if you ask me, it's the least he could do as a means of just compensation.  [b003])

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 05:33:07 PM »
I well recall one DS actress complaining not just about RD being too "grabby" with her when they were running scenes together, but actually knocking her aside from view when they were on camera together!

For him, narcissism is truly an art form.

G.

LorraineAAB

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2003, 05:03:24 AM »
Well, the next time you have something to sell that's only worth about 50 cents, normally retails for $3, and you want it sold for $45,  R.D.'s the go-to guy.  Better than
E-Bay, but Lord knows how big of a commission HE'D want....

L.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 05:22:49 AM »
In all seriousness, it hardly seems appropriate on a DS forum to assail the man's reputation as a businessman.  Let's stick to the topic at hand, which I believe is his public appearances and performances.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2003, 08:38:23 AM »
In all seriousness, it hardly seems appropriate on a DS forum to assail the man's reputation as a businessman.  Let's stick to the topic at hand, which I believe is his public appearances and performances.

Well, I suppose the only difficulty with this is the fact that during his public appearances he talks about his real estate ventures and his success as a businessman.  LOL

But seriously folks.....his performances.....hmm......
Maybe I'm crazy, but from where I was sitting during Return To Collinwood, I could have sworn I saw a cell phone attached to the waistband of his pants.  Did anyone else see that, or was it something else?  ROTFL  (really added to that "Collinwood aura")
Actually, although I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to him (I think y'all probably know who I was focusing on  ;) ), I recall his performance as pretty damned good.  I also noticed that his voice has not changed at all and it helped add to the DS realism.

Ya know, I had a little bit of a problem with that - the realism.  I think maybe because of all the humor in the play and DS was played straight.  BUT, something hit me maybe around 3/4ths of the way through.  All of a sudden I'm there watching Selby, Parker, Pennock, KLS, Karlen, et al, playing their characters after 35 years and tears started coming to my eyes.  Kinda corny huh?  Did that happen to anyone else?  I sort of had to get control of myself for a minute.  I dunno....maybe because unlike some folks, I didn't start re-watching until about 1999 - didn't even know it had been on throughout most of the 90's.  Dark Shadows was just a fond memory from waaaaay back a couple of lifetimes ago, buried somewhere in the recesses.  I still haven't seen about the first half of the series since it originally aired.  So it was like this huge nostalgic rush or something.   :'(

But ANYWAY, I've drifted way off the topic at hand.
Mr. Davis.  LOL
It seems like he brings out the "I don't know WHAT" in people.   ::)
This is the silliest thing:
I mean, I don't even know this guy, have never met or spoken to him, BUT.....On Sunday at the Fest, I was on my way out, sort of strolling down the hall with my kids, and Roger Davis was coming down the hall in in our direction - moving very quickly, looking like he was going somewhere real important.  Anyway, when he was almost upon us, I blurted out, "Oh my!  It's Roger Davis," for no apparent reason.  [lghy]  (And in a sort of a sarcastically, bored voice)
He said "hi" very quickly and kept moving.  LOL
(I dunno.....LAFB seemed to find it slightly amusing)
I was sort of scratching my head afterwards, thinking, "What the....why in HELL did I do THAT?"  I would never do that at someone I don't know - especially any of the actors!  [hdscrt]

Yes, Roger Davis is indeed special.  Only he could elicit something like that from me.  I don't know....it's all a mystery to me.  A baffling mystery.

;D  ;D  ;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2003, 04:54:54 PM »
Well, I suppose the only difficulty with this is the fact that during his public appearances he talks about his real estate ventures and his success as a businessman.  LOL

LOL, not difficult at all if you consider the difference between talking about his very public entrepreneurial ventures and attacking his reputation.  There are plenty of people making money off the Fests that are entitled to the same protection from libel.

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2003, 09:02:04 PM »
Maybe I'm crazy, but from where I was sitting during Return To Collinwood, I could have sworn I saw a cell phone attached to the waistband of his pants.  Did anyone else see that, or was it something else?  ROTFL  (really added to that "Collinwood aura")

I think he had one, too (what else could it be?)
But I remember almost running into Jim Storm in the lobby, talking on his cell (reporting back to Trask).

Actually, although I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to him (I think y'all probably know who I was focusing on  ;) ), I recall his performance as pretty damned good.  I also noticed that his voice has not changed at all and it helped add to the DS realism.

Realism my foot.  It was just scary.  Nancy Barrett sounds exactly the same too!