Author Topic: The House  (Read 975 times)

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
  • My Journey is Beginning
    • View Profile
The House
« on: December 06, 2003, 03:57:55 AM »
 :) Where can one see "The House" or the missing Dark Shadows movies stuff?  Is this just owned by the Festival or DCP?  Who gets to see this stuff?  It seems, to me, that some other party must own "The House."  I would like to be able to see and/or buy these things -- I don't think that's too much to ask.

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The House
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 06:45:33 AM »
As for THE HOUSE, your best bet would be to try a local museum of tv and radio, if you have one in your area. There are ones in CA and NY. Perhaps Chicago...They have an archive of old rare TV broadcasts usually available for viewing. They might have THE HOUSE.

If not, then the original network or series producer owns it and it would be very difficult to see.

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
The House
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 04:55:21 PM »
 :) Thank You, Darren.  I would like to see the NODS DVD released, of course!  I've read your stuff on the topic, which indicates release not imminent.  Maybe a new DS will up interest in it.

8) I suppose I could look into seeing "House," since I am in the LA area.  I think it might be a wild goose chase, tho.  Does anyone know if "House" still exists?  And, in what condition?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
The House
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 10:32:48 PM »
Hi Wes,

From what I can recall hearing at the time (this was several years ago), the video of the House was the property of a fan.  I think the person in question was unable to attend the Festivals at the last minute so it was never shown.

If I ever hear more info about the program, I will post it here, of course.

Steve

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
The House
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 09:34:14 PM »
 :o Thank you for the reply, Steve.  How exactly THE HOUSE can be the "property of a fan" boggles the mind!

::) Something doesn't seem quite legal about it... I hope the "fan" is just holding onto the show until it can be properly released to the rest of us "fans."

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The House
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 09:51:41 PM »
Wes, I doubt they legally own it. They probably have an old kinescope copy or a VHS made from same which they volunteered to allow to be shown at the fest.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
The House
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 05:28:40 PM »
Oh, good Heavens!  I didn't mean that the fan *legally* owned the rights to "The House"-- I meant that s/he had a tape of it that was scheduled to be shown at a couple of the festivals (so far as I know, this never happened).

Darren, I really hope you can present and speak about your research on the NoDS footage, even though I imagine at this point the thought of that painful topic may seem less than pleasant to you!

Best wishes,

Steve