Author Topic: The Old Series That Ran From '66-'71  (Read 885 times)

Offline DarkShadowsLover1980

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
The Old Series That Ran From '66-'71
« on: April 25, 2014, 11:35:36 PM »
Has anyone watched the series itself that ran from 1966-1971?????? If so I'm wondering if you noticed anything in any of the episodes that was "unusual". I got two D.S. DVDs for Christmas one year just recently, one is "Best of Barnabas" and the other is "Fan Favorites". I was just watching the "Best of Barnabas" DVD yesterday and noticed something in one of the eps, that I don't think ANYONE had caught then or now (and mind you I was born in 1980, 9 yrs after the show ended and watched the reruns on tv).

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: The Old Series That Ran From '66-'71
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 12:19:49 AM »
I watched the series as a child and then adolescent in its initial run, from the pilot to that fateful day in April, 1971.  There were lots of things that were unusual during its airing.  Can you be more specific?

Gerard

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 05:45:48 PM »
has "anyone watched it"?? ?? ?? ?? ??

yes. everyone at this board has watched it. some many, many times.

that's what this board is about. [easter_huh]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »
Welcome to the board.  I am only a big fan of the "old series" but I do take an interest in the various remakes.  The current thread on the 2004 pilot is fascinating (to me at least).

Love to hear your thoughts about any topic from the original series.

G.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 09:25:13 PM »
I was going to say that almost all this board is devoted to that "old series".  Then I remembered that (I think) a lot of posters seem to have found a home on one or two very long threads about the Depp movie, or apparently the 2004 pilot.  It may be a sort of board within the board.  I never encounter those members, because I'm always posting about the Watching Project and making wisecracks about DS screen captures.  Those areas have very, very few posters, and I wish more people would take a look, and possibly participate.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 09:52:03 PM »
We pride ourselves on the fact that to varying degrees the forum covers all the various DS versions: the original '66-'71 series, the Marilyn Ross novels, the Gold Key comics, the '70s films, the '91 DS, the Innovation comics, the '04 DS pilot, the Big Finish discs, the Dynamite Entertainment comics, the Depp/DS film, and anything and everything that may come along in the future. Though the original series definitely garners the lion's share of the attention. But then, when it comes to that version there are so many episodes and offshoots to discuss.  [easter_smiley]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 04:18:40 AM »
Welcome, DarkShadowsLover1980!  Looking forward to hearing which detail you referred to.