Author Topic: Weekend in Tarrytown  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Weekend in Tarrytown
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2003, 07:25:43 PM »
Just an old fashioned screw up, I suppose then.;)

Or Marriott has faster-talking negotiators... :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2003, 10:55:03 PM »
FYI, I just made my reservations and was able to get the AAA rate of $104/night.

Yes, I'm VERY excited about next year's gathering!  ;D

Regards,

John

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 04:55:29 AM »
So, just because his name isn't listed right now, we're not completely safe that he won't be there...

Are you suggesting that we raise the Roger Davis Fest Appearance Threat Level (RDFATL) from yellow to orange?  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2003, 06:03:40 AM »
Are you suggesting that we raise the Roger Davis Fest Appearance Threat Level (RDFATL) from yellow to orange?  ;D

[ideag]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2003, 06:15:12 AM »

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2003, 07:04:32 AM »
Ohmygawd, ROFL!  I just saw the end result.

[b003]

BTW, does anyone else notice the inaccurate statement made in the first sentence of RD's 1989 bio? I'd never actually picked it up until a few seconds ago. (Hey, it's RD - why would *I* have originally given his bio anything more than a cursory glance?)

Who wrote these things? And I wonder if their level of dedication to always getting their facts straight earned them a job as an editor of DS books at PomPress?  ::)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 07:24:36 AM »
BTW, does anyone else notice the inaccurate statement made in the first sentence of RD's 1989 bio? I'd never actually picked it up until a few seconds ago. (Hey, it's RD - why would *I* have originally given his bio anything more than a cursory glance?)

Heh, you must mean that he actually didn't start on DS until '68.

Who wrote these things? And I wonder if their level of dedication to always getting their facts straight earned them a job as an editor of DS books at PomPress?  ::)

Ouch!  LOL

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2003, 07:28:10 AM »

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2003, 09:41:12 PM »
  I'd be very surprised if Roger Davis is not added to the Tarrytown show later on. They usually add a few people like he and Chris Pennock later. James Storm too most years.
    While we're on that subject, does anyone know why Lela Swift and Bob Costello don't attend the fests? I would think they would have some of the very best behind the scenes stories. Likewise, how many of the writers are still around? I know Art Wallace, Gordon Russell and my personal favorite Violet Welles have passed away, aren't Joe Caldwell and Malcom Marmorstein still around? I suspect Sam Hall doesn't attend as he's in advanced years and probably doesn't travel. Or was he never asked? What a wealth of information the writers would be. A great horror film show called FANEX I go to in Maryland often has writers and directors and they are great on Q & As about their work. I'd also like to see Jerry Lacey, Kathy Cody, Elizabeth Eis and a few others who have either never been to show or not in the 6 or so years I've been going.
   Being Mr Curious (but not being John Malkovic   ;)  )
              Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2003, 10:11:04 PM »
:D By the way, my wife and I have had pretty good experience at the "Horseman" Diner in Sleepy Hollow. Its right on the main road not far before you get to the church and cemetary. The have cool shirts and aprons too. They specialize in sandwiches and pizza. Nice place to stop
    We went looking for the gravesites used in HODS but didn't find them. The Sleepy Hallow cemetary is really, really huge. Very nice. The old section still has Dutch tombstones. If I had to make a guess, I'd say most of the stones on the series look like the stones in Essex, where the Evans cottage is. (Winged skulls, etc.)
       There's also a huge a** mall just over the Tappan Zee bridge from Tarrytown that should keep everyone busy. It had an indoor amusement park and ice skating rink when we went there a couple of years ago.
            Cyrus aka  Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2003, 10:17:46 PM »
I'd be very surprised if Roger Davis is not added to the Tarrytown show later on.

I would be too.  [nerv]

While we're on that subject, does anyone know why Lela Swift and Bob Costello don't attend the fests?

Costello attended in 1984, 1986 & 1987 in NJ and in 1988 in NYC, but I'm not sure why he hasn't in a long time.

I *think* the only DS gathering Swift has attended was the Directors Guild event.

I would think they would have some of the very best behind the scenes stories.

They do.  :)

As for the writers: Ron Sproat attended in 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 & 1987 in NJ and 1993 in NYC; Joe Caldwell attended in 1987 in NJ; and Violet Welles attended in 1987 & 1989 in LA. Sam Hall was scheduled to attend in 1991 in LA, but I don't think he was able (other commitments).

Being Mr Curious (but not being John Malkovic ;) )

:D

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2003, 01:22:03 AM »
Sam Hall travels. He has a lovely place in upstate NY, an apt in manhattan and a place on a caribbean island he goes to frequently.

I don't think he has an interest in mingling with fans and is quite happy being out of the loop.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2003, 04:16:49 AM »
But you know, RD wasn't listed for the 1989 NYC Fest, but he showed up anyway (complete with pre-autographed pages of the picture and bio that would have appeared in the program if they'd had enough advanced notice to have included it (and you've got to know that it's one of my MOST TREASURED possessions)):
wow he looks kinda cute here

jennifer(excuse me i've been on heavy doses of cold pills and antibiotics
this week must be the drugs talking sniffle,sniffle)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV