Author Topic: Anita Bolster Sighting  (Read 783 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Anita Bolster Sighting
« on: November 17, 2003, 07:28:36 PM »
This past weekend, I rented from an unusually well-stocked local store the vol. 6 DVD collection of the popular Patrick McGoohan series, Secret Agent (British title Danger Man), whose US theme song was such a huge hit on the charts back in 1965.

I was surprised in the third episode on the disc, "Have a glass of wine" (original US air date: August 28, 1965) to spot a strangely familiar looking hatchet-faced old lady yelling at McGoohan in one brief scene when he came bursting into her farmhouse.

A careful examination of the credits revealed that she was none other than our own Bathia Mapes, Anita Bolster, here credited as Anita Sharp Bolster.

I had no idea that Bolster worked in the UK.  Was she English by birth?

G.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Anita Bolster Sighting
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 12:31:11 AM »
Damn, I don't have that one yet (I adore Patrick McGoohan and am probably one of the only people who went to see Braveheart cause he was in it).

Bolster has an entry at All Movie.com http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=EAnita|Bolster Looks like she was Irish by birth and had a career in Britain before going to Hollywood.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga