Author Topic: Playing dress up  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Playing dress up
« on: November 14, 2003, 07:09:19 PM »
Re: the 1st photo in today's episode montage (Daphne is holding the wedding dress), she asks, "Where have I seen this before?  Why can't I remember?"

First, let me say that finding details on the series that you hadn't noticed before is always a pleasure.  That having been said, this may answer her question,at least for us...

Kitty
The costume ball in House of DS
PT Maggie

Could the rumor that KJ was replacing KLS on the show in every way be true? [wink2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Playing dress up
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 08:16:19 PM »
finding details on the series that you hadn't noticed before is always a pleasure.

That's wild! I never realized it was the same dress.  :D

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 10:41:25 PM »
Could the rumor that KJ was replacing KLS on the show in every way be true?

I hadn't paid much attention to that speculation in the past, but after watching Kate Jackson in this role for the second time now -- gritting my teeth and bearing it -- the idea of Kathryn Leigh Scott in the role is a breath of fresh air just to imagine ...

I'm not sure how it would have worked with KLS in the part ... wasn't Maggie still on the scene, for one thing, when Daphne's ghost first showed up in 1970?  The logistics sound too confusing.

I keep waiting for Kate Jackson to finish her "sneeze" but she never does ...  >:D

(I'm talking about her annoying habit of placing her hands over her nose and mouth like she's about to ker-choo!  I was really puzzled the first time she did this ... ]

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 08:47:02 AM »
I keep waiting for Kate Jackson to finish her "sneeze" but she never does ...  >:D
(I'm talking about her annoying habit of placing her hands over her nose and mouth like she's about to ker-choo!  I was really puzzled the first time she did this ... ]

It's funny you should mention that because just yesterday I was thinking of how much she reminds me of Vicky when she does that.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 12:11:44 AM »
Was bugging me why Midnite's shots looked disimilar...top & bottom...then it hit me:

Krenlin!! (sp)!!!

Lot's of it!!

Who remembers their first dress with krenlin?

Patti (who's only ever owned one...I can't remember if my wedding dress had it...okay, no counting wedding dresses).
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 12:15:10 AM »
[I keep waiting for Kate Jackson to finish her "sneeze" but she never does ...  >:D

Vlad.....see picture on calendar!!!! Too Funny!

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2003, 05:56:31 AM »

Picture?   ???   Did I miss it?   :(

I never saw this thread again after posting my comment.  Even now, I searched for it twice, but the only way I could find it was by looking under my own posts.

Maybe I need glasses.   :(

On the other hand, during the last few weeks, the font on this site has gotten really tiny.  It's about half the size it used to be and it's very hard to read.   :(

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 06:10:34 AM »
Picture?   ???   Did I miss it?   :(

No, you didn't miss it.  Click "calendar" in the horizontal menu at the top or bottom.  Patti is referring to the current (November) calendar page.

Maybe I need glasses.   :(

On the other hand, during the last few weeks, the font on this site has gotten really tiny.  It's about half the size it used to be and it's very hard to read.   :(

The purpose of the messages in red announcing the new forum fonts available on Testing 1, 2, 3 is that the forum's default font was changed on November 5th.  Look for "!! Forum Fonts !!" on page 1 of the Testing board.  It also explains that if you're unable to dl the fonts you can change the text size in your browser.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 06:24:59 AM »
No, you didn't miss it.  Click "calendar" in the horizontal menu at the top or bottom.  Patti is referring to the current (November) calendar page.

Oooohhhh ... I had never really noticed that little calendar button before.  And it shows what days DS is pre-empted!  Wunderbar!   :D

That pic is hysterical, too.   ;D

The purpose of the messages in red announcing the new forum fonts available on Testing 1, 2, 3 is that the forum's default font was changed on November 5th.  Look for "!! Forum Fonts !!" on page 1 of the Testing board.  It also explains that if you're unable to dl the fonts you can change the text size in your browser.

Gulp.  Ummm, thanks, Midnite.  :-[

(I'm glad to know that the problem isn't with my eyes!  :) )