Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0680  (Read 613 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0680
« on: April 12, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »
Robservations #680

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0680

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »
We see David through Quentin's hand-on-hip triangle, but no "Are you trying to seduce me, Quentin?"  Quentin gives in to David, on killing Chris.  I mean, he actually lets himself be talked out of it.  Why?  That's important, Quentin bargaining.  He's not all powerful.

Maggie waits in David's room, in the dark.  She should have had a cat to stroke.  She confronts David, for real, and David vows revenge a la Vicki.  Is Maggie sleeping in Vicki's bedroom?

The "I do not like thee, Dr. Fell" poem... whose is it, and did we hear it earlier, from Dr. Guthrie maybe?

Mag sees Quentin, bum bum BUM!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »
Dr. Woodard mentioned Mr. Fell when Liz brought Dr. Fisher to check on David.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »
Is it actually a poem that is recited?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 06:55:03 PM »
David prevails on Quentin to leave Chris alone, probably because Quentin realizes he still needs the kids to do at least some of his work for him.

MT:  [easter_grin]

Here is a link about the "Dr. Fell" poem. I can't believe I actually found it!

Maggie reads David the riot act, and he plots revenge.

And yes, I believe Maggie has inherited Vicki's room, which once was Elizabeth's and long before that Josette's. When all the lights go out, she goes downstairs to find Mrs. Johnson emptying ashtrays in the drawing room. Quentin proceeds to scare the living daylights out of her.

Mrs. Johnson finally arrives with the bulbs, but she can see that all the lights have gone back on in Maggie's room. I wonder if the lights were ever off to begin with, she wonders. Shakily Maggie replies, I’m in the habit of imagining things. I heard you calling David, Mrs. Johnson says. I thought he was here, but he isn't. He was here, Maggie insists. When I came back, the door to my room was wide open, and when the old phone started to ring, I thought David was playing one of his tricks on me. Mrs. Johnson picks up the phone and says, It isn't even connected. You heard that ring? Please don’t look at me as if I’m crazy, she pleads. Mrs. Johnson retorts, When I told _you_ about seeing that man at the cottage, I got the same look! That’s true, admits the repentant Maggie, but I don’t understand how the old phone rang. I intend to find out. She leaves her room and goes across the hall to David's. He's hiding behind his dresser, smiling. After she leaves, he gets a little star turn, standing silhouetted in eerie light and looking very scary as he recites the poem that Dr. Woodard also spoke shortly before he died:

I do not like thee, Dr. Fell.
   The reason why I cannot tell.
   But this I know, and very well:
   I do not like thee, Dr. Fell.

Thinking David must have gone back to the West Wing, Maggie returns to the storeroom and calls out, David, please answer if you’re here! But she senses someone else is there. Suddenly she finds herself facing a very tall, very handsome, very angry man in a dark frock coat. The air rings with her screams....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 07:30:42 AM »
Here is a link about the "Dr. Fell" poem.

Thanks very much, DL!  How it starts like that and then becomes a nursery rhyme, I have no idea...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 02:18:13 PM »
MT, recall that "Ring around the Rosies" started out as a little ditty about the Black Death.  [easter_grin]