Author Topic: General Questions  (Read 840 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
General Questions
« on: March 10, 2002, 03:09:56 AM »
Midnite...I think I read on testing you wrote you're an IT person (internet tech???? duh...)
Okay:
What's an avatar?

If a poster wanted to put a link for a site, will it appear (cause I vaguely remember some Greek-to-me: this is for YaBB, will not support HTML.
Yabbadabba do....
what are the Y and a for (and I'm ASSuming the BB are for bulletin board)!

Which reminds me (with links):
have we seen/heard from Stuart Manning or Cryside?
Thanks for your patience
Patti (stiiiiiillllllll pregnant)

P.S.....why is the time a person posts so incredibly innacurate (i.e., it's 6:58pm est, can't wait to see what the board says).
yabba dabba do
HAA!!! Board says 12:09 a.m.!!
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: General Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2002, 08:16:28 AM »
Midnite...I think I read on testing you wrote you're an IT person (internet tech???? duh...)

I'm not an IT; I only play one on the DS boards. ;)  Seriously, it was MB that said that, and I believe the I stands for Information.  I'm so not an IT-- that's why MB's the webmaster and I'm just the moderator.

Okay:
What's an avatar?

It's a digital representation of ourselves in the virtual world.  In other words, it's a symbol we choose to represent who we are.  Mine turns into Evil Bunny when I'm in a bad mood. :)

If a poster wanted to put a link for a site, will it appear (cause I vaguely remember some Greek-to-me: this is for YaBB, will not support HTML.
Yabbadabba do....
what are the Y and a for (and I'm ASSuming the BB are for bulletin board)!

Hee hee, I never thought of it that way.  They stand for "Yet another..."  Just type a URL and it will automatically be converted to a link, just like on the VNet boards.  There are light colored squares above the message windows that provide you with the YaBB tags that take the place of HTML code here.

Which reminds me (with links):
have we seen/heard from Stuart Manning or Cryside?

Oh yes.  They've both posted on the discussion board.

Thanks for your patience

Thanks for YOUR patience!

P.S.....why is the time a person posts so incredibly innacurate (i.e., it's 6:58pm est, can't wait to see what the board says).
yabba dabba do
HAA!!! Board says 12:09 a.m.!!

Registered members can go into their profiles and enter an offset to make the clock display according to their own time zone.  For example, since where you are it was a few minutes before 7 p.m. when you posted, in your profile you'd enter an offset of -5 [hours].  The clock will still be off by a few minutes, btw.

Take care!