Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0677  (Read 904 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0677
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:14:51 PM »
Robservations #677

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0677

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »
Grayson VO.  Nice, new external day shot of Collinwood.  Barnabas's plan works (is that a strange thing to be able to say?) and all Chris does to the world is to overturn the coffin.  It would have been funny if this had royally pissed off Barnabas, who's rusty at this compassion thing... and drawn attention to his connection to the coffin, leading to all sorts of spluttered backpedaling and apologies between clenched teeth...

Data dump:  Full moons last 1-4 nights, never five.  Chris gets a bit of a scare on the way back to his house with Barn.  When discussing killing, never enter a room when pronouncing that word "killing" when you're not sure who might be in there...!  It's only Julia though, and we know she's okay, but I'd continue to be very worried about her reluctance to help, if I were Chris.  She hates the idea of all this as yet another supernatural secret she's obligated to keep, and be a co-conspirator on.  I think that's it.  Just when she thought she was out, the Collinses pull her back in...  She likes the family, she just doesn't want an endless chain of other people's secrets that she's complicit in.

You'd think Quentin would be thrilled to stretch his legs, and go to the cottage to put the poison into Chris's brandy snifter (does everyone have one?  Did Laura even drink?  Matthew was more of a rotgut man probably.).  [spoiler]Maybe Quentin's not just out to kill Collinses-- he wants other Collinses to be responsible.  Chris counts.[/spoiler]  Chris eventually gets that it isn't the transformation happening, since he goes for the phone.  Beth appears to Barn and Julia both, leading them to Chris.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 08:23:56 PM »
Nice, new external day shot of Collinwood.

Any chance of a capture of this, MB?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »
Barnabas's plan works--but the downside is that Chris doesn't have to change his shirt or sweater.  [easter_grin]

After Barnabas and Julia leave, Chris sits to down to relax with a whiskey (just after sunrise!) and the Collinsport Star (actually the Wall Street Journal). but how can he relax when the headline says "Girl Disappears."

Quentin has to do his own dirty work but he pours the strychnine into Chris's glass while David is at the cottage, which does support your spoiler hypothesis, MT.

Amy still isn't back in Quentin's favor, probably because of Beth's behavior. Beth is now strong enough to speak as well as appear--though not both at once, not yet. The first sounds she makes are the bitter sobs that awaken Julia.

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 06:07:37 PM »
Does anyone recall if Beth's sobs are the stock Josette crying sound effects?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 05:00:38 AM »
I listened carefully, and it at least could be Terry Crawford.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 04:49:11 PM »
Thanks Magnus, I wasn't sure if you were still working from notes -- glad you are getting to watch the eps.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 02:03:34 AM »
Thanks dom.  I watch and make notes.  As soon as [spoiler]Quentin the zombie approaches the Old House[/spoiler] though, I begin a gap, and I won't be on the WP again till [spoiler]Tim Shaw saves the kids from the fire at the school.[/spoiler]   I remember nothing of these events, and so don't want them spoiled by recaps.