Author Topic: Again, A Moment of Silence  (Read 856 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Again, A Moment of Silence
« on: April 03, 2014, 12:41:22 AM »
The sad anniversary has arrived.  Forty-three years ago, original fans like me sat in disbelief knowing that this date happened.  During the final scene, showing Barnabas' portrait in the 1841 PT storyline, listening to Thayer David's voice-over, listening to the haunting music, I started to cry.  I couldn't believe it was over.  On the next Monday, hoping beyond hope, I ran home from Washington Junior High School to turn on the TV, wanting to see ABC had changed its mind.  But there it was:  Password.  It was gone.  There were still things I could enjoy for a short period longer.  There was NoDS coming out; the horrible comic book series was still in print; the Marilyn Ross novels for 45 to 90 cents still hit the shelves in bookstores.  I could get my fix, but then the rest of it vanished.  I didn't see it again until, a dozen years later while being a grad student in Las Vegas, a local channel started to rerun the episodes at 10:30 at night.

Gerard

David

Re: Again, A Moment of Silence
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 03:36:42 AM »
I'm still angry that Curtis didn't respect the viewers enough to end the 1840 story in a manner that made sense, or to give the series itself a proper ending, with a respectful farewell to all the modern dress characters.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »
I'd drifted away from DS, but I must have heard it was ending, because that jolted me into watching this ep, and the end is one of my few very firm DS memories.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:05:16 PM »
I have bad feelings about password to this day. Maybe Angelique cursed it. Was that run really successful? I still wished it had ended in Present Time.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 01:05:51 AM »
I'll watch Password reruns on GSN.  Ironically, they never broadcast the ones that usurped DS.  Maybe there is a curse on that revival.

Gerard