Author Topic: Reading of the Will - Excellent Episode  (Read 763 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Reading of the Will - Excellent Episode
« on: November 13, 2003, 06:39:20 AM »
This is a bit late, but ...

The episode where "Father Collins's" will was read was very well done.  I started to notice the tension of the scene when Edith began pacing back and forth.  Each of those present in the scene -- Edith, Gabriel, Gerard, Samantha, Desmond -- conveyed a unique emotional tension, which was really quite extraordinary to see.  I thought the individual reactions after the reading -- such as Edith's laugh -- were also very realistic ... (so much so that it brought back a memory of a divisive reading of a will that I unfortunately had experience with.  It's amazing how something like the division of property/money can damage family relationships.)

The physicality of this scene was impressively complemented, I thought, with the episode's closing scene which intercut the miming (not quite the right word ...) spell with Edith and the actual death of Mrs. Ward.

I don't know who directed this episode -- there were no credits at the end of this ep.  But whomever it was did a masterful job!

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Re:Reading of the Will - Excellent Episode
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 06:50:19 AM »
Hey there!

Well said Vlad!...I agree with you about this episode. It will definitely be one of the ones that I remember.Edith's laugh seemed to stand out with everyone.Even me.That scene was excellent!..It was interesting seeing the looks on everyone's faces.I believe this reading of the will was a little bit more tense than the one in the 1897 storyline.

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
  • My Journey is Beginning
    • View Profile
Re:Reading of the Will - Excellent Episode
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 06:57:11 AM »
 ::) Lela Swift directed it (Desmond read's Edith's will).

;D #0714 Judith reads Edith's will, and
 ;D #1161 Desmond reads Daniel's will are two very good episodes.

:D Do you see a pattern here?

:o Reading the will is great dramatic fun.  Joan Bennett's performance in #714 is my second favorite of her shows.  It's good being great when you're given something worth being great at!