Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0664  (Read 750 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0664
« on: March 21, 2014, 04:32:04 PM »
Robservations #664

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0664

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:17:48 AM »
Thayer VO, in his civvie voice.  I like how in this and the last episode, they let us watch Barnabas's quiet face in close-up, taking time to show us his shifting emotions.  Welcome back Ang!  Ang must stay in 1796 as a punishment, it seems.  Diabolos must assume she loves it too much in Hell... or is just sick of her pleading like Nicholas was...  Why did Barnabas assume she was 1968 Ang? 

I don't understand Bradford suddenly being a free man, able to mingle amongst the authorities at the gaol and anyplace, even the spot of execution.  He said that Barnabas "found a way to free" him.  When, how?  It also seems strange somehow that Barnabas is showing up at the gaol freely and openly, and the guard just lets him in.  They should at least wonder how he got back from England so fast, and it will get back to the family.  Copyright 1969.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 10:57:12 PM »
I agree, MT. This is something that JF does very well indeed, and I can think of several more instances we have to look forward to.

I guess when Angelique told Barn that she had to stay in 1795 as punishment for her mistakes, he assumed that she meant the mistakes she made in 1968. But yeah, Diabolos must have gotten fed up with having to listen to her pleading as well as Nicholas's. She makes Barn promise to stay with her forever in 1795 if he wants Vicki to go free. Their conversation is a cruelly ironic paraphrased replay of the time in 1968 when Angelique was the vampire and Barnabas the victim. So maybe Barn is right after all.

Vicki no. 3 promises to trust Barnabas. I have no clue as to how or why Peter is at large. But didn't Vicki confess to shooting Noah? The guards arrive to take Vicki to the scaffold. She clings to Peter. Remember what I told you, Barnabas says. Somehow Vicki finds the courage to stand. Poor Barnabas is forced to watch as she and Peter embrace and kiss desperately. No idea how Barn "got back from England" so fast.

And of course, Angelique has no intention of keeping her side of the bargain.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:58:12 PM »
Maybe this explains Angelique returning in 1795 after she was dead.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:34:46 PM »
Ghosts can become solid for a short time, though.  Peter wouldn't be free because of Vicki's confession unless Barnabas just made Forbes back it up, since they've said the court didn't believe the confession.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 06:41:08 PM »
The first batch of screen caps and/or set ups have been posted for this ep on the "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - 1796_3" and "Caption This! - 1796_3" boards.  [easter_smiley]