Author Topic: Just Who Do You Think IS Tad's Real Daddy-Oh?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Just Who Do You Think IS Tad's Real Daddy-Oh?
« on: November 06, 2003, 04:15:19 AM »
Hey gang,

I'm sure that we've all been entranced as Samantha continues to taunt Quentin (I daresay some might use the expression: "Stick the knife in and twist it!") with the news that the Q-Man is NOT the father of Tad Collins, heir to the Collins' mighty fortune.

Well, I wonder just who is the "biological" father of the mop-topped Master Tad Collins?  Here are a couple of possible "papas" and, in the time-honored tradition of Las Vegas hadicappers, the corresponding odds of these men being the "proud" father of Daniel Collins' grandson.

1. Lamar Trask - Yes, here is a man who continually professes great faith and moral rectitude.  Yet, is Lamar's piety just a big act or is he really Collinsport's only forty-something virgin?  (I'll put the odds at 5-to-1, that Lamar ever got to first base, let alone, hit a "home run" with Samantha Collins.)

2. Tim Braithewaite - Could the mistress of Collinwood have had an assignation (or "rendezvous" as America's Dad, Bill Cosby, once referred to it) with the macho and muscular, local ruffian?  If Tad matures into a brawny albeit dim-witted man with a liking for cheap booze and wanton women, then there might be proof of this Lady Chatterly-like "rendezvous."  (Nevertheless, Tim Braithewaite would have to be an even bigger longshot than the love-starved Lamar Trask, thus the 8-to-1 odds.)

3. Gabriel Collins - What of Quentin'sibling, the sarcastic and yenta-like Gabriel Collins?  Of course, Gabriel is already mired in an extremely unhappy marriage with the nymophomaniacal Edith Collins.  Would the embittered Gabriel take great delight in making a cuckold of his older and "beloved" brother, Quentin?  (Does a bear "go" in the woods?)

Yet, one does have to wonder if  Gabriel would be even up to a dalliance with his headstrong sister-in-law?  Perhaps, the Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde expressed it best when she sang so poignantly, so many years ago, "that there's a thin line between love and hate."  (Accordingly, Gabriel comes in at a more conceivable 7-to-5 odds.)

4. Ben Stokes - Yes THAT Ben Stokes!  Don't laugh!  Barnabas' former servant was a man who always maintained a hale-and-hearty lifestyle throughout his eighty-plus-years.  The man was legendary for his great strength and stamina, prompting comparisons between Ben and the sturdy work horse, that Ben used, to help clear the massive tree logs, that Ben had chopped down during his time as Joshua Collins' indentured servant at Collinwood.

I don't think that it's too much to say that the very spry (and "frisky") Ben Stokes lent credence to the old expression that while there may be snow on the roof, there's still a roaring fire, deep down in the old "furnace"!  (Therefore, Ben Stokes is listed as a toss-up or a "pick-em" as to the question if Master Tad is, in fact, Ben's issue.)

There are so many other possible "biological" fathers for young Tad.  Perhaps other Dark Shadows fans can suggest other proud papas for the gleam in Quentin Collins' eye?

Bob the Bartender, who, was nowhere the vicinity of Collisport, Maine in 1826, Tad's presumptive conception/birth year.

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
  • My Journey is Beginning
    • View Profile
Re:Just Who Do You Think IS Tad's Real Daddy-Oh?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 04:23:07 AM »
[spoiler]Samantha was just trying to get his goat.  Tad's father is Quentin.[/spoiler]

--Spoiler box added by Midnite

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 01:22:05 PM »
Bob, you forgot a very obvious suspect:  Mordecai Grimes!  Well, he coulda looked a whole lot different 14+ years earlier.  Like Judy Tenuda says - it could happen!

Gerard

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 11:22:01 PM »
Bob, you forgot a very obvious suspect:  Mordecai Grimes!  Well, he coulda looked a whole lot different 14+ years earlier.  Like Judy Tenuda says - it could happen!

Gerard,

Ah yes, the hidebound Mordecai Grimes, a fellow whom Quentin Collins so aptly described today as being an "unpleasant man."  (Mordecai sort of looks like the grumpy guy in that old antacid TV commercial, who says: "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!")

We've already seen Mordecai's frumpy daughter, Elizabeth, today.  (We'll get to see another one of the Grimes kids shortly.  I guess we know who got the looks in the Grimes family, don't we?)

Maybe Mordecai married an extremely attractive woman (sort of like actress Liv Tyler's beautiful mother)?  I don't want to say that Mordecai has a face that only a mother could love, but I think it's fair to say that good, old Mordecai has been hit by the "ugly stick" more than a few times! 

Bob the Bartender, plastic surery devotee.

Offline bluedog

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 03:02:05 AM »
Bob,

Great question. Until I read your post I never gave that much thought.  I just assumed  Samatha was taunting Quentin.  But, it could very well have been Gabriel.  Lamar Trask?  Hmmm, maybe.  Ben Stokes?  But, if I were Samatha I wouldn't have looked at another man.

Lynn 8) 8)

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 06:00:26 AM »
[spoiler]Of course Quentin is Tad's father, Samantha took the chance of telling Quentin Tad was not his son in hopes he would let him go away with her more easily... little did she understand, Quentin knows a true Collins when he sees one. all male Collins' look like Tad and David when they are children..[/spoiler]

Sarah's [ghost]
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 11:26:20 PM »
very good one Ghost of Sarah Collins! ;)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 06:27:58 PM »
[spoiler]Of course Quentin is Tad's father, Samantha took the chance of telling Quentin Tad was not his son in hopes he would let him go away with her more easily... little did she understand, Quentin knows a true Collins when he sees one. all male Collins' look like Tad and David when they are children..[/spoiler]

heehee the Collinport's version of dna testing(not that they had it back then but looks like they didn't need it)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV