Author Topic: I gotta stand up for Angelique  (Read 2841 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
I gotta stand up for Angelique
« on: March 09, 2002, 05:19:54 AM »
I know that probably everyone is giving Angelique down the road for what she did to little Sarah.  

But, you've got to realized, that she did this because she was desperate.  She should have done it to "darling" Josette, but, like I said she was desperate.  Like my Mother says, She (Angelique) was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Also, she was not going to let little Sarah die.  She knew what to do.  

She loved Barnabas, as much as I do, so much, that she had to pick something that would have a big effect on everyone, especially, Barnabas.  Sarah condition has a BIG effect, on everyone.  She makes the tea (wink wink)  Barnabas gives it to Sarah, and Hallelujah, Sarah's well.  

You got to love Angelique.  She may do things against the grain, but, isn't that what makes some people dance to a different drummer?  And isn't that what we want?

Judge, I rest my case.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: I gotta stand up for Angelique
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2002, 05:44:29 AM »
No doubt, Angelique makes the show tick. Both she and Barnabas are the main ingredients in the DS recipe! ::)

(Oh Boy,  do I hear those comments coming...)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2002, 05:46:40 AM »
>>But, you've got to realized, that she did this because
>>she was desperate.

LOL, I'm sure that's the defense the ENRON executives will adopt. ;)

Angelique is an excellent TV villain -- milquetoast personalities fall a little low on the fun scale --  but she's hardly the type of person I'd want around in real life.

Cheers,

Linda

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2002, 06:25:22 AM »
But, you've got to realized, that she did this because she was desperate.  She should have done it to "darling" Josette, but, like I said she was desperate.  Like my Mother says, She (Angelique) was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Also, she was not going to let little Sarah die.  She knew what to do.  

So, it's okay to hurt a child if. well, heck, it's not permanent?   ?!?  And her desperation makes this acceptable, how?  ?!?

Let's pretend that your kid or a kid you loved was in Sarah's position.  And let's pretend that you found out that someone was "temporarily" hurting him or her.  Would you give a flying fig for the reason?  And would the fact that the pain was only going to last for a little while make you think the behavior was in any way whatsoever acceptable?

I don't think that any rational parent out there would think so.

She loved Barnabas, as much as I do, so much, that she had to pick something that would have a big effect on everyone, especially, Barnabas.  Sarah condition has a BIG effect, on everyone.  She makes the tea (wink wink)  Barnabas gives it to Sarah, and Hallelujah, Sarah's well.  

It's a great tactical move on Angelique's part.  No question there.  And it makes for great drama.  She's fascinating to watch.  

But does Angelique actually love anyone?  She doesn't care about any of the people in Barnabas' life or she would never have even thought about hurting his beloved little sister or his uncle.  (And yet, she won't zap the big lutz??? Still scratching my head on that one, lol).  I don' t think that's love.  That's obsession and that's a hell of a long way from love.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2002, 10:07:14 AM »
she is a great villian but there is no excuse for hurting sarah  It was a vile and evil act!! Luciaphil is right This isn't love but a sick obsession!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2002, 05:41:49 AM »
I'm think that some of you thought that I am not a rational parent.  If this is true, I beg to differ with you.  If I hurt you, please except my apology.  But, I'm still going to go with...Angelique.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2002, 03:33:02 PM »
Hi, Terry 308 and agree Angelique does have a soft
heart when she wants to. And i can understand her
feelings for Barnabas as well. She's a very
pretty lady.  Love Anne  ;)  ;)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2002, 06:27:06 PM »
Terri you don't owe us an apology and i'm not implying anything about your parenting while I think Angelique
is a wonderful villian I just don't think she has any
feelings about anyone besides herself She thinks
she loves Barnabas but this is not love I can't imagine
harming a loved one of someone I claim to love! thats
all! We just disagree. that is what this board is all about we all don't have to agree. it would be a pretty boring place if we did!
take care
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2002, 07:01:09 PM »
I'm think that some of you thought that I am not a rational parent.  If this is true, I beg to differ with you.  If I hurt you, please except my apology.  But, I'm still going to go with...Angelique.

I don't think anyone is casting aspersions on your parenting skills--I certainly wasn't.

All I was saying is that most people would not countenance seeing a child hurt even if the person inflicting the pain was desperate and if the pain was only going to be temporary.  It's simply not an acceptable act in our society.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline JCOLLINS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2002, 12:28:16 AM »
I was so angry and outraged at Angelique's use of Sarah as a pin cushion.  But then she is truly a character I love to hate!

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2002, 12:46:16 AM »
JCOLLINS hold your temper because  this is just a warm-up for Angelique!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2002, 01:03:31 AM »
Could we all please stop using "Love" and "Angelique" in the same sentence!!  She never loved Barnabas, nor anyone else.  She just wanted what she wanted!

She's all about possession...and not the demonic kind.

Once she'd had him, she'd have dusted herself off, and gone on to the next helpless wretch.  If she had any sense of humour, it would have been Trask.

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2002, 01:17:51 AM »
"Could we all please stop using "Love" and "Angelique" in the same sentence!!  She never loved Barnabas, nor anyone else.  She just wanted what she wanted!"

I like the way you think  ;)   I don't believe that either Barnabas or Angelique really knew what love was...although I suppose love is one of those things that is subject to individual interpretation, lol.  

As much as I hate to admit it though, DS just wouldn't have been the same without her...and it does make for interesting viewing, as well as lively discussions  :)

MrsJ.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2002, 01:28:45 AM »
Oh, I agree absolutely....Angelique was a hoot to watch.  And Lara Parker was so darned beautiful...it's always more interesting when evil is portrayed as beautiful instead of hideous.

It just annoys me when her 'love' of Barnabas is used as an excuse for her nonsense.

Actually, I don't think there are too many examples of real love in this at all.  

Could we have a new topic here?....how many real love matches did they have in this show?  Anybody?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2002, 03:02:07 AM »
>>Actually, I don't think there are too many examples
>> of real love in this at all.  

>>Could we have a new topic here?....how many real
>>love matches did they have in this show?  Anybody?

Not many lasting ones, but that's typical of soap operas in general. :)  

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Even though Bramwell and Catherine were supposed to be the centerpiece of 1841 PT, I think Melanie and Kendrick represented the storyline's actual "love match."

Cheers,

Linda