Author Topic: Thayer David, Lara Parker, And Joan Bennett Coming Up On MOVIES!  (Read 677 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
If you have the channel MOVIES! in your area, I just notice that Save The Tiger is on tonight from 10:10pm until 12:20am ET and also from 2:30am until 4:40am ET, and from 4:40am until 6:20am ET The Man I Married will be showing. MOVIES! does have commercials breaks, however its main claim to fame is that it runs movies that have not been edited for time to fit in more commercials. That's why their movies have odd starting and ending times.

Both Thayer David and Lara Parker have roles in Save The Tiger and both performances are well worth checking out. And as if they weren't enough of a draw, you'll also see Jack Lemmon's Oscar winning performance.

I've never seen Joan Bennett in The Man I Married, however the brief synopsis on my DVR sounds quite intriguing: "An American (Joan Bennett) vacations in Europe with her husband (Francis Lederer) and watches him turn into a Nazi." The longer synopsis sounds even more intriguing, but I'm too lazy to type the whole thing.  [snow_wink]  However, it does conclude by saying that the movie is a "taut, exciting melodrama."

If you live in the Boston, MA or Providence, RI areas, MOVIES! is available as WFXTDT2(25.2 over the air) in Boston and WLWCDT2(28.2 over the air) in Providence. If you live elsewhere, check out their Web site to see if the channel is available.

David

Re: Thayer David, Lara Parker, And Joan Bennett Coming Up On MOVIES!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:55:49 PM »
Save the Tiger is well worth seeing: Thayer & Lara played roles so completely different from DS--and Lemmon is superb!
Lemmon won the year after Brando declined to accept his award for The Godfather.
"This is one hell of an honor and I'm thrilled!", he said from the Oscar podium.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »
Thank you for the link MB. Unfortunately, it's not on a format which I have.. :(

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:26:19 PM »
I just noticed that Joan Bennett's The Man I Married is on again tomorrow morning from 2:30am - 4:10am ET.