Author Topic: Serendipity?  (Read 945 times)

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Serendipity?
« on: October 29, 2003, 10:40:22 PM »
This may not be of great interest to anyone else, but I thought it was strange (in a good way).  So I had to share.

I seldom if ever hear reference to Dark Shadows outside of here on the boards or on the SciFi Channel.  Imagine my surprise to hear the theme song from our favorite show on the radio yesterday, as background music at the end of a lunchtime 80's retro show.

Then today, after listening to the same program, I'd switched over to the classical station I listen to most of the day.  They were just getting ready to go to news, and they were playing - guess what?  A classical sounding version of the theme song to DS.

Had to laugh, it put me in a great mood.  Imagine, hearing the music from Dark Shadows twice in as many days on different radio stations here in Atlanta!  Perhaps it's a good omen.  ;)
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Serendipity?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 10:51:16 PM »
How odd to use 60's music for a retro-80's show! The programmer for the station is probably 19 years old and hasn't a clue about either decade!! [lghy]

The classical version makes more sense.  I'd be thrilled to catch something like that on a classical station out here....but there isn't one.  Only what comes by once in a while on the local NPR station..... :(

I don't know how long you've had that message under your avatar, Cassandra Blair, but it just made me LOL!!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 09:13:19 PM »
I don't know how long you've had that message under your avatar, Cassandra Blair, but it just made me LOL!!

Glad I gave you a laugh, Raineypark.  ;)

My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 09:47:45 PM »
They must have been playing the DS theme because of Hallowe'en  :)

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline grayson67

• Junior Poster
  • I must come up with something creative to put here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 10:29:43 PM »
How odd is it that not more than a few minutes after I read this post the radio station I listen to at work played the DS theme song too?!?  I think the DJ was talking about something Halloween related, which I didn't catch because I was too busy telling my co-worker what the song they were playing was. (If she didn't think I'm nutty before, I'm sure she does now! :-[)

Incidentally, the version they played wasn't one I'm familiar with at all... it was very much a generic version (maybe from some Halloween CD?).

Generic Dark Shadows is better than no Dark Shadows at all ;D

grayson67 (Melissa)