Author Topic: I-Message Interruptus  (Read 749 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I-Message Interruptus
« on: October 24, 2003, 06:54:58 AM »
I was about to send an IM a moment ago, and as I clicked the "Send" icon, a message box popped up saying that Internet Explorer (I think) had encountered a problem and the my act could not be completed, and that Internet Explorer had to shut down.

I had no choice but to click the "Close Now" option.  I then re-opened Internet Explorer and got into the forum again (which I seemed to still be logged into), then went to my Outbox, and was surprised to see a copy of the message there, since it didn't seem that it was going to send.

My question is, if it's in my Outbox, can I be assured that it was sent and that the recipient received it?

BTW, I had no idea how much activity there is on this "Testing" area ...

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:I-Message Interruptus
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 02:07:49 PM »
My question is, if it's in my Outbox, can I be assured that it was sent and that the recipient received it?

Yes.  [smlyg]

BTW, I had no idea how much activity there is on this "Testing" area ...

I'll try to pretend I didn't read that.  [undg]

(But for future reference, the second paragraph in the GENERAL COMMENTS section of the forum's guidelines states:

"It is the responsibility of posters to this board to familiarize him- or herself with these guidelines before posting to these forums. It's up to you to periodically check to see if they have been added to and/or amended. It's also up to you to be sure to read and follow any instructions that might be posted to either the "Testing. 1, 2, 3..." board and/or specially marked topics atop "Current Talk". Failure to read additions/amendments and/or special posts will not be considered an excuse should you violate a guideline or fail to comply with a request.")