Author Topic: Revival series on VHS  (Read 921 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Revival series on VHS
« on: February 11, 2014, 12:12:22 AM »
To hell with the DVD release, how many tapes to collect the whole thing?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Revival series on VHS
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 02:58:48 AM »
Hi Retzev, I think it's 12 cassettes total if you buy the MPI issued tapes (which have the extra footage).  Do an Amazon search and make sure you specify VHS.

Best, G.

David

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:55:52 PM »
only the first & final episodes of the VHS have additional footage.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:09:07 PM »
On Tape #7 there's also a slightly different edit from the NBC version of the ending of the scene in which Barnabas succumbs to Angelique advances in his room. (Which reminds me that when I did still have a VCR, I never did check to see which version of the ending they used for the DVD set. Considering they used the NBC versions of the pilot and the finale, I'm suspecting they probably also used the NBC version for the ending of that scene.)

Also of note is the Dark Shadows Resurrected companion tape that contains a lot of behind the scenes info, interviews, and footage of a deleted scene that was not restored in the extended pilot. It crams quite a bit into nearly 60 minutes!  [snow_smiley]  And it's a must-have for any fans of the '91 DS!  [snow_wink]

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 05:06:14 AM »
Thanks, everybody. If I remember correctly, beside the extra footage, the VHS version is also in the original full-frame aspect ratio and the correct day-for-night filters are in place. I hope to get ahold of the tapes and transfer them to DVD-R.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey