Author Topic: Daniel and Harriet Collins  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Daniel and Harriet Collins
« on: October 23, 2003, 06:39:45 AM »
I don't know if anyone has said anything about this, but I'd be interested to know more about the Daniel Collins "backstory" to 1840.  I'm wondering who Harriet was (besides being his wife) and why Daniel murdered her.

Despite his being a murderer, Daniel is one of the characters we sympathise most with in this storyline.  This complexity of character and the ambivalent feelings the viewer has toward him -- we sympathize, but at the same time have reservations knowing that he's a murderer -- is a sign of good character development -- by both writer and actor.  I always prefer shades of gray to black and white interpretations.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Night_Shadow

• Enter the darkness of night.
    • View Profile
Re:Daniel and Harriet Collins
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 02:23:13 PM »
Ok, this may be a long shot: but IMO...

I think that Daniel had somehow found out that Herriet was a witch. {Now being a "Charmed" fan as well as a DS fan} I have seen that some witches can do "good" rather than evil. So I think that after he had killed her, he had found that he had killed a good witch, but by doing that he had made her evil.

"Just a thought."
 ???
.oJoJ~

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 10:40:12 PM »
my question. .was Harriet one of Julia Hoffman's earlier incarnations?  I mean Daniel was gettin' ready to strangel Julia or was Dannyboy just hallucinatin'. . the dress and hair couldn't have reminded her of Harriet . .??
Julia99

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 06:15:08 AM »
my question. .was Harriet one of Julia Hoffman's earlier incarnations?  I mean Daniel was gettin' ready to strangel Julia or was Dannyboy just hallucinatin'. . the dress and hair couldn't have reminded HIS of Harriet . .??

Now that's an interesting idea ... guess we'd never know unless Barnabas and Julia went back to sometime in the 1810s or '20s ...

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 02:35:08 PM »
Harriet Collins a previous incarnation of the good doctor?  How very interesting...
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.