Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0629  (Read 693 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0629
« on: January 31, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »
Robservations #629

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0629

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 09:55:58 PM »
Elizabeth is so nice when she pleads with Julia to let Barnabas come home and stay at Collinwood: "He could recover here, in familiar surroundings and with the people who love him--and where you could look after him personally." But Julia is not convinced that Barnabas is well enough yet.

Another great Doctor-Devil scene, but this time Nicholas has come to Collinwood. He reminds her that whatever happens to Adam happens to Barnabas--and since Adam is now mateless, he might as well kill him. Eve’s body will have started to deteriorate, Julia points out. Why is the experiment so important? I see that instead of summoning me, you’ve come to Collinwood yourself. You even seem afraid, despite your attempts to conceal it. Nicholas denies it but is desperate enough that he actually explains the Master’s plan to Julia: The original Adam and Eve were tempted by my Master. You mean Satan! Julia exclaims as she recoils in horror. I know him by another name, Nicholas replies calmly, silhouetted against the window just in time for a flash of lightning. He reminds her, Although the original Adam and Eve sinned, they were still their Father’s children. The new Adam and Eve are to be the parents of a new race loyal to my Master. That’s monstrous! Julia exclaims. That is the intention, Nicholas assures her calmly. Julia says she'll have to look over her journals; Nicholas warns her not to take too long. After he leaves, Julia picks up the receiver on the rotary-dial phone and tells the operator she wants to make a person-to-person call to Windcliff.

Nicholas awaits the Master’s summons at a table draped like an altar. Right on time, the Master announces, Instead of coming to your world, I will bring you to mine. (I don’t get that--isn’t it Nicholas’s world too?) Nicholas cries out as he is engulfed by white-hot flames.

When Nicholas is able to look about him again, he finds himself in the same executive office as Angelique visited, with the Master once again seated behind his desk. [Whether by accident or design, the wrought-iron gate at the back of the scene has a large “S” monogram! Maybe "S" for Satan?] The Master reproaches him for falling in love with a human, but Nicholas defends Maggie. Maggie Evans is innocent and blameless, he insists. I take complete responsibility. But the Master is still furious at having been deprived of innumerable potential worshipers and is prepared to reward Angelique and punish Nicholas severely. Nicholas manages to transfer at least some of the blame onto Angelique. He persuades his Master to give him one more chance. But you have only forty-eight hours to complete the experiment, the Master warns. Nicholas asks, If I succeed, will I be allowed to remain in the human world with Maggie? Do you love her enough to give up your powers to stay with her? the Master asks. Nicholas admits he does. The Master apparently agrees to his condition, but Nicholas’s relief turns to horror when the Master qualifies his statement: You can be with Maggie Evans, but only here below. In other words, Nicholas gasps, she must-- die! Yes, the Master replies. The only way you can be together is for you to celebrate the Black Mass, with Maggie as the sacrificial offering....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:38:27 AM »
"Are you the protector of the weak and pure at heart?"  No says Nick.  "It's gratifying to know you can still lie, Nicholas."   Good one Satan.   HAA fidgets strangely with his left hand at a key moment, but I can't remember when or why I thought it was important.   

Liz accepts Julia's claim that several people need to help Barnabas, not just Julia at home in Collinwood, forgetting that she's rich, and can hire help at home anty time she wants.   

I like Nick coming to Julia and explaining the thing right to her face on her turf.   This almost made the whole plan scary last time I saw it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 04:45:48 PM »
Thanks for quoting that bit of dialogue, MT. It's hilarious.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 06:09:36 AM »
Maggie comes in with a scarf in the replay. Julia's knees are showing in her short skirt. I think this is the shortest one she has worn.  Nick finally reveals his plan for a new race and Eve must be revived. Nick is recalled to hell where he is informed Maggie must die in a black altar sacrifice.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times