Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0628  (Read 1014 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0628
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:18:16 PM »
Robservations #628

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0628

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:36:33 PM »
Angelique is whisked away to what looks very much like a rather bureaucratic branch of hell--at any rate, Diabolos, entirely concealed in a cloak and hood, is sitting at a large desk. Angelique is delighted to inform Diabolos that Nicholas has fallen in love with a human. Diabolos recoils at the “L” word, which I suppose distracts him from wondering what Angelique did to provoke Nicholas into punishing her so often.

It's raining when Nicholas returns to the House by the Sea--naturally even his umbrella is gray. But his dreams are beginning to crumble all around him. Adam lies about Eve. When the doorbell rings, Nicholas makes Adam hide in the next room. To Nicholas’s surprise, Julia comes in and tells him flatly that Eve is dead and that she (Julia) is positive that Adam killed her. Nicholas is completely taken aback, even more so when Adam disobeys him by making his presence known. Realizing that at least one of the others suspects him, Adam vigorously denies having killed her and sticks to this story throughout the subsequent scenes. Julia is most concerned about Barnabas and of course Jeff, but asks to speak to Adam alone. Nicholas refuses until Adam practically orders him out of the room. The once omnipotent-seeming Nicholas obeys relatively meekly.

Julia tries to get Adam to confess that he killed Eve, but he still insists he’s innocent even though she points out that he didn’t seem surprised at the news. She reproaches him by mentioning Professor Stokes, who taught him to be honest, but Adam is too afraid now to reach out for help. Julia tells him, I’m not sorry Eve is dead. Neither am I, Adam replies. Julia reminds him, Three people will be affected by what you do: Jeff Clark, Barnabas, and yourself. Why do you care what happens to me? Adam asks skeptically. Julia surprises both of them by admitting to some feelings that in anyone else might be regarded as maternal: After all, she did bring him into the world, even though by unorthodox means. But even now Adam can’t take the next step, and Julia leaves disappointed. Adam muses sadly, Just now Julia almost made me like her. But I can never like anyone now--ever again.

Nicholas also tries to get Adam to tell the truth, but his pupil has become all too adept at lying. Adam does tell the stunned Nicholas how much he hated Eve. What do you plan to do now? Adam asks. But Nicholas has no answers for him. When the doorbell rings again, Nicholas thinks it’s the police, so Adam quickly hides himself. However, it’s Maggie Evans paying a surprise visit--that is, she’s just as surprised as Nicholas that she’s there. He is delighted to see her, but she has no idea why she came. She says, Something came over me while I was getting ready for bed. Suddenly she has difficulty breathing and says she can’t see properly. Nicholas helps her over to the couch, but she falls into a trance. A familiar demonic voice issues from her unconscious form, warning Nicholas, You will be called to account for yourself before me tomorrow night. You had better begin preparing....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:23:52 PM »
This is my next one to watch.  Sorry, I'm behind.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:20:49 PM »
Looking forward to your comments as always! I fell behind too--bad cold.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 11:57:22 PM »
Glad you're better if so.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 12:01:34 AM »
I'm getting there slowly, thanks!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 06:26:49 AM »
Ang goes to the ground floor.   I used to be very interested in the "charred and blackened star that reigned at my beginning" line (with the Leviathans), until I realized everyone evil says it.   Ang says it here.

Hey, we're in HELL.   I want that office.   Turns out he is
Satan, the hooded figure, though fans have sometimes thought he was one of Satan's helpers.   He says Nick's super-race would "call me Excellency" (or close to this), and while that might still mean an intermediary, it almost certainly doesn't.   It occurred to me that this episode must have been heavily promoted... but how?   Angelique goes to Hell?!   In a commercial?

Up top... the Devil chokes Maggie nearly to death right before speaking through her.  Why?  It seems totally unnecessary, but maybe that's the point.   I'll do what I like with your girlfriend, he might be saying.   I swear that's Rodan's voice standing in for the Devil's.   End.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 04:43:02 PM »
Note to self: Include "call me Excellency" in plan for world domination. Also "charred and blackened star," I guess, since everyone else who's evil says it.

I think you're right about poor Maggie--the Devil chokes her just because he can. If you say that RR was the stand-in for the Devil's voice, I'll take your word for it. Sadly, I have no access to the shows.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 06:05:04 AM »
Angeligue goes to Hell was my title for this episode also. It was well remembered from my original viewing. While there she tattles on Nick. Julia suddenly developed a responsibility for creating Adam she should have taken when he was created and maybe he'd have turned out different.  The devil is called diablos probably to keep protests down.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times