Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0626  (Read 749 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0626
« on: January 28, 2014, 05:44:40 PM »
Robservations #626

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0626

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:44:43 PM »
Eve's death scene really was well handled.   Her biggest overall mistake may have been not wearing something with a place to put a knife or something... I always wondered if Marie W enjoyed or was unnerved by being shot dead in the closet.   Probably not the latter since she's an actor.   Farewell, Eve, though I think we see her in her no-longer-reanimated form again.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 08:21:08 PM »
Do you mean instead shut in the closet, MT?

Yes, Eve's death (so to speak) was very dramatic--I remember those struggling silhouettes and MW's staring eyes--she never blinked.  [snow_shocked] Eve probably should have worn something that would have allowed her to have some sort of weapon on her. But her other big mistake was telling Adam one time too many that he was ugly.

Jeff arrives home, bus timetable in hand, and is packing his few belongings (several shirts, ten ties, and eight books) when Vicki arrives. When he tells her he’s going to New York, she tells him, Things won’t be better there. I don’t care who you are! I love you anyway! I’ll even marry you tonight! He keeps packing. However, when he opens the closet door, he shuts it again quickly. Don’t look! he warns her sharply. She can’t help herself and and opens it--then screams at the sight of Eve’s lifeless body huddled on the floor, her wide-open eyes staring at nothing.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »
I just meant that Marie had been shot on videotape dead, DL...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »
Okay, when you put it that way--! I was beginning to envision something like the Monty Python version of the assassination of Rasputin.  [snow_cheesy]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 11:19:43 PM »
I'm shocked, I don't remember Eve dying so soon! Seems like she just came to life. Maybe I'm confusing the games board stuff with the watching project.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 05:54:25 AM »
I liked Roger saying to Jeff, "haven't you ever heard of grave robbers" when Jeff is one.  The gravestone bends and moves. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
The gravestone bends and moves.

Well, we all know that at Collinwood, death is not necessarily inflexible.  [snow_cheesy]