Author Topic: HODS--August 4, 1986  (Read 502 times)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
HODS--August 4, 1986
« on: October 20, 2003, 03:25:08 AM »
On Monday, August 4, 1986, I stayed home from work because I had gotten up very early on that Monday morning to tape HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (with commercials) from the TBS cable broadcast on my relatively new Sharp VHS machine (cable was also very new to me back then.)

As I watched the movie, taping it, I was in heaven since this was the first time I had seen HODS since 1971!!

How strange that HODS subsequently ended up on "Home Video" via MGM and Turner VHS (c. 1989).

And now I'm watching yet another recorded HODS:  this one from TCM last week that I recorded on DVD--and how superior this picture is to that long ago VHS recording--and subsequent VHS releases by MGM/Turner.

So I guess I've come full circle--HODS 1971 on the big screen to various VHS tapes and finally my own DVD recording.

The only thing better would be for Turner to release a remastered DVD of both HODS and NODS!! (And how about reconstructing the deleted footage into the new releases!)

Brian

(Who is thrilled to have seen DS in its original 1960-70s airing and realizes he's getting older by the minute--LOL.)