Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0624  (Read 931 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0624
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »
Robservations #624

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0624

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:14:13 PM »
Elizabeth comes to Vicki's room as Vicki tries on her beautiful wedding dress--pure white satin with lots of lace. Vicki admits to some misgivings, but Elizabeth reassures her.

At almost the same time, Eve returns from her time traveis. Nicholas reminds her of her promise to at least pretend she cares for Adam. Nicholas is surprised when instead of arguing or coming on to him, Eve agrees readily.

Eve obeys Nicholas and pretends to like Adam, even telling him, I’ve fallen in love with you. Poor Adam is very happy as he takes her in his arms and kisses her. She reassures him that there isn’t another man. That is a good thing, Adam replies, because right now I would kill him.

Later, Adam and Eve are lounging (yes! lounging) before the fire in the drawing room, so we must assume that events have taken their natural course between these two extremely unnatural beings even though no one in Collinsport EVER has sex! In any event, Adam is extremely happy and Eve is doing a really good job of pretending.

Vicki tells Elizabeth that she'll carry roses--because they're Peter's favorite. She freezes, but Elizabeth gently tells her that soon she'll forget all about the past.

Nicholas returns to his home, where Adam greets him with the news that Eve loves him (A.)! Did you have anything to do with this? Adam asks, prepared to be grateful. Nicholas replies ruefully, My powers have no control over human emotions. Adam asks if they can leave, and Nicholas says the usual “soon, soon.” Adam is so happy that he doesn’t notice he’s getting the same old answer.

Vicki returns from somewhere to find a pile of wedding gifts. I didn’t expect so many, our humble heroine marvels. With a fond smile, Elizabeth tells her, It’s a sign of how many people wish you well. Vicki has a moment of happiness when she unwraps what turns out to be a necklace belonging to one of her teachers at the orphanage. Vicki always admired the necklace and the teacher (Miss Norris) used to let her wear it for special occasions, so she’s touched that Miss Norris actually gave it to her (we can assume it doesn’t have any charms on it). But her happiness turns to dread and fear when she opens a large package that turns out to be--yes, the Collins family history, the very book she took with her when she went back in time to 1795, and which remained there after she returned to the present. A card is tucked inside, inscribed with one word: “Peter”....

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »
In any event, Adam is extremely happy and Eve is doing a really good job of pretending.

Sounds like the definition of marriage to me, rotfl...

I remember being very happy with the Liz/Vicki scenes the last time I saw this. Thanks for the great description, DL, it brought it all back to me.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 07:09:45 PM »
Thanks, dom. I've always been glad that we have it from JB herself that Vicki was Elizabeth's (older) daugher after all.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:12:55 AM »
I think Adam doesn't even know what sex IS yet.  And Eve is fully capable of stalling him for months even after he does find out.

I love how this ep starts, with Eve popping (or fading) into the room right into a chair, right behind Nick's back, as he frets and fumes over where she is.   She's using his own favorite personal trick, of popping in without anyone seeing it.  She uses the line he usually hears from others, when he does this: "I didn't hear you come in."   And she gets to say with Nickish cool evasiveness: "Didn't you?"   All the time, she has a grin on her face that shows she's enjoying digesting that canary.

Oh no, Jeff got his way, the wedding was moved up.  Never mind, he'll also get his way a little later when he cancels it.   **   After Adam's murder threat right after Eve makes him extremely happy... I wondered at the frequent murder threats on the parts of many DS characters whom we're meant to think of as stable and kind and rational, or at least not killers.   I wonder if it was just considered a part of manhood at one point.   I don't count it when it's used as a figure of speech, as a joke.

Eve doesn't know enough about Vicki-Peter/Jeff to know that the book would weird Vicki out in such a way as to cancel the wedding.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:09:26 PM »
I think Adam doesn't even know what sex IS yet.  And Eve is fully capable of stalling him for months even after he does find out.

[snow_laugh] [snow_laugh] [snow_laugh]

At any rate, she's certainly done something that made him very happy. Given her experience and his total lack of same, it might not even have to be very much.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 05:47:09 AM »
The wedding is happening now. This reminds me of days gone by as Vickie relates yet another foundling home story to Elizabeth. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 07:06:02 AM »
Yes, it was nice to have that scene in there, connecting with the beginning.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor