Author Topic: False DS Memory....  (Read 873 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
False DS Memory....
« on: October 17, 2003, 12:59:37 AM »
With the thought of receiving NoDS via my father-in-law, AND having made the revelation I'd only ever seen it once; I was remembering it.....BUT

I can remember which bedroom I was in, because my girlfriend and I were having a 'sleepover'. We were watching CBS (IIRC) and it was either the Late Show OR the Late, Late Show.

Only problem is, the bedroom occupation doesn't match with the other surroundings.

I don't suppose someone has a link to OOOOLLLDDD TV guide things. I really need to know if it was on 1977 (I orig. swore it was when I was 11/1976, but no, I didn't really hang out with this friend yet), 1978 or some other dazed and confused year.

Again, I'm relatively sure it was CBS (NY feed, if back then, it made a difference??) and on at like 1am.

Here I thought I had it right.....

Patti
What a Woman!

ClaudeNorth

Re:False DS Memory....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 10:21:37 PM »
Patti,

Here is a link to a website devoted to the DS movies.  This particular link will take you to a page that has a sound recording of the CBS Late Show promo for their broadcast of NODS.

http://users.rcn.com/mfmiozza/nods.html

Perhaps the person who put up the website has information regarding the date that it aired.

Hope this helps!

John

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re:False DS Memory....
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 03:12:54 PM »
I first saw the House of Dark Shadows in 1977 on the Late Show on CBS (I know it was CBS cuz i lived in Wakeeney Kansas and we didn't have noooo cable.. .)  And I was only 9 and totally freaked out by the scene of the Housekeeper or Willie (?) finding Carolyn with blood dripping from her neck . . .dead dead dead. . or so they thought.  One of my most vivid freaked-out kiddie memories. .
Julia99