Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0613  (Read 588 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0613
« on: January 09, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »
Robservations #613

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0613

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »
Joe is now sporting a handsome five-o’clock shadow in addition to his very picturesquely ripped shirt, but his feet hang off the edge of the bed. Julia steps into the room just before Barnabas gives Joe the poisoned medicine. Later, Julia tells Barnabas that she discovered that the medicine was poison, and Barn pretends to be horrified, wondering who would want to poison Joe.

Maggie arrives to see Joe. They have an awkward and touching conversation, but Joe still won't reveal the name of "that girl."

When Julia returns to Collinwood, Mrs. Johnson tells her how “my Harry” found Mr. Barnabas Collins in the woods. Although he was pale and trembling, he refused all treatment and didn’t want anyone to know. Julia does her best to conceal her surprise and tells Mrs. J. that she’s been treating Barnabas at the Old House, where he is “resting.”

Unfortunately for Joe, long ago Barnabas didn’t think to furnish Josette’s room with any convenient blunt or even pointy instruments, and he realizes he’s too weak to strangle Barnabas with his bare hands. He grabs a tie-back from one of the curtains, makes his way silently downstairs, and wraps the cord around his unsuspecting host’s neck....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:26:49 PM »
Joel Crothers and Clarice Blackburn are grounding the show nicely at this point.   I wouldn't have thought a rope would have made up for lack of strength in the hands.   My notes: "GH VO.   Joe choking BC, the end."

I'm glad we're going with the WP again.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:03:50 PM »
Me too, MT!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:38:48 AM »
This episode has nice color. Joe's five o'clock shadow and chest are really distracting but in good way. Julia has time to analyze the meds in the Old house. Barnabas wiggles off the hook and Joe overhears.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »
It really is sad to see Joe reduced to this...from wanting to kill himself after Angelique rejected him to his wanting to kill Barnabas to prevent getting killed (and naively thinking Angelique will want him again with Barnabas gone). But Nicholas is equally to blame as Angelique....even more so since he was the one who ordered her to attack Joe in the first place. [easter_angry]

Poor Maggie still wants to be Joe's friend, but he can't bear for her to see him as he is and it does pain her to see him become such a train wreck. Again, thank you Nicholas for ruining their relationship! [easter_angry]

Julia has doubts about whether Barnabas attempting to give Joe the poisoned medicine was an accident but Barnabas is able to convince her that he was innocent. Yes and no....true Barnabas didn't really want to kill Joe but he DID know the medicine was poisoned.

Mrs. Johnson tells Julia about Harry finding a weakened Barnabas in the woods....this really should be the moment when Julia starts to wise up about what is up with Barnabas.