Author Topic: Those wacky duellists!  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Those wacky duellists!
« on: March 07, 2002, 09:33:32 PM »
I will now proceed to shock all of you by stating that I was shouting "you go, girl" as Angelique tried to knock some sense into her would-be boyfriend.  "Have you ever fought in a duel before?" "Have you ever seen a duel?"  Too bad, Mr. Act-Before-Engaging-Brain didn't listen to her.

I just loved how their ten paces became highly abbreviated because of the tiny studio space.

Amazing though how a shot in the chest somehow spreads to the face . . . like they were thinking it was equivalent to measles  8)

Luciaphil

"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline mfmdpt

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Those wacky duellists!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2002, 09:56:22 PM »
Amazing though how a shot in the chest somehow spreads to the face . . . like they were thinking it was equivalent to measles  8)

It's funny how that works. ;)

Knowing that Anthony George had only signed a six month contract, you'd think that the writers and directors would have been smart enough to realize that Jeremiah should have been wounded in the face - especially when the writers had most probably already planned what Angelique would do seven episodes later. At least I hope they already knew what was going to be happening seven episodes later. They often flew by the seat of their pants, but I hope they never cut things that close - LOL!
"I give in to sin because you have to make this life livable." - Depeche Mode (Strangelove)

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2002, 03:18:49 AM »
Luciaphil, those words were a shocker. Next you will be running for President of the Angelique Fan Club-just teasing ;)

What really is remarkable about the duel is that there was no visible blood shed. This seemed to be the usual pattern of none or very little in the TV Series. Maybe some blood would show up on the vampire marks or after the werewolf had a night on the town. Once it graduated to the big screen(movies) in HODS it was the opposite extreme-a gory blood bath!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2002, 05:12:00 AM »
Very good episode.

I was curious about Barnabas and Jeremiah meeting to duel with no one else present.

In all the movies I've seen, they always have "seconds."

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2002, 09:39:16 AM »
Vlad's
I was curious about Barnabas and Jeremiah meeting to duel with no one else present.

In all the movies I've seen, they always have "seconds."

Yes!  We must remember to never fight in any duel in which Dan Curtis is footing the bill. ;)

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2002, 12:54:38 AM »
It is my understanding that the "seconds" load the pistols.   Did DC load the guns?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2002, 03:40:51 AM »
VAM's
It is my understanding that the "seconds" load the pistols.   Did DC load the guns?

Well, the characters in that ep were Barnabas, Jeremiah, Angelique, Josette and Andre', none of which would have been suitable seconds, and DC would've had to pay any additional actors...