Poll

Which version of Angelique fascinates you the most?

13 (44.8%)
1968 (Cassandra)
8 (27.6%)
1968 (vampire)
1 (3.4%)
2 (6.9%)
Leviathans
2 (6.9%)
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Favorite Angelique  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Favorite Angelique
« on: October 08, 2003, 04:19:45 PM »
Angelique is another character who changed over time. So, during which storyline do you think she was her most fascinating?

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re:Favorite Angelique
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 04:33:49 PM »
Well, of course I'm biased, being that I've chosen Cassandra as my avatar.  But to me that's such a fun storyline - Angelique showing up in that dumb black wig as Roger's new missus.  This storyline contains the beginnings of the Angelique/Nicholas rivalry, which is a riot.  Of course the whole plot (for me anyway) is inextricable from the Angelique as vampire storyline - which is just as fun, IMHO.  I just love it when despite her best efforts, girlfriend doesn't get the upper hand.  She's so much more interesting when she's frustrated and pissed.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 06:48:35 PM »
     I loved the chemistry of Frid and Parker in the 1795 storyline.  My two favorite scenes occur when the Angelique and Barnabas are alone(once in his room and the next in her room).  I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen 1795 yet but the scene in her bedroom makes you wish they had shown some flash backs of Martinique.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 06:58:25 PM »
My favorite has to be Cassandra, and it's not just because that was how I got my first glimpse of her as a wee one back in 1968.

I don't know what it is, but somehow a lot of different factors came together to make Cassandra a really interesting role, from a dramatic point of view.  IMO the scenes with Barnabas are a lot hotter because the character is trying so hard to veil her love and lust for him under a thin veneer of hatred.  There's also the wonderful scenes with Nicholas, and her great clothes that run the gamut from frumpus maximus to uptown chic.

And then, of course, there's ... THE WIG.

My runner-up would be Leviathans Ang.  Even though she has so little do in that storyline, she has some great scenes, fab clothes, and spectacular hairpieces.

G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 08:45:37 PM »
Didn't care for Cassandra; 1795 too obvious (for me).

Really, really enjoyed Lara as a loving wife, who
[spoiler]gets stabbed in the back, and somewhat 'saved' by Barn & Julia.[/spoiler]

It was a close call with 1897 though ;D

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 10:10:17 PM »
I chose 1840 Angelique because although Angelique was still very much possessive of Barnabas and believed he was her husband for all time...
Angelique found within herself the will to grant Barnabas his most sought out desire. :D

This change was IMO much more loving then the Angelique of other time periods. ;D

:-* Sarah's [ghost]  :-*
      These Skely-tons are the Cutest!

The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 01:12:50 AM »
1795.  When she came to the house she was beautiful, but there was someting in her eyes that made you know that you were in for a ride.   :-*
A big ride.

I love the 1795 story.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 01:46:22 AM »
I just loved her in the Leviathan storyline where she tried to turn into Samantha Stevens.  She wanted to live as a mortal, and be married to a mortal (who was rather rich - good for her), and just knock off all the nasty stuff.  She demonstrated a real depth of tenderness, or at least the attempt at it, as exemplified in the scene when she runs into Barnabas' arms for solace, her face streaked with tears, when she discovered that Sky was was an Enron CEO.  That's one of the few scenes which can bring a tear to my eye.

Gerard

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2003, 01:51:31 AM »
I watched Angelique as Cassandra as a kid, not having seen 1795.  Those eyes of hers were really scary then (still are). :o So it was a shock to me then when she turned out to be the witch, Angelique.[female_skull]
MM

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2003, 07:01:34 AM »
I consider 1897 to be a turning point for Angelique because for the first time, she actually started helping people (e.g. cloning Barnabas and continuing Julia's cure.)  It was such a surprising--and refreshing--change; prior to that storyline, Angelique had viciously lashed out at anything that moved from sole selfishness and jealousy. I think she was able to accomplish a lot more by joining the 'good guys'  for a change.  IMO, the shift made her slightly less despicable.

ProfStokes

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 10:15:08 AM »
     I loved the chemistry of Frid and Parker in the 1795 storyline.  My two favorite scenes occur when the Angelique and Barnabas are alone(once in his room and the next in her room).  I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen 1795 yet but the scene in her bedroom makes you wish they had shown some flash backs of Martinique.

My thoughts exactly Onyx Treasure.  Angelique from 1795 was my favorite and for the same reason that you had mentioned above.  The chemistry between Barnabas & Angelique in that storyline was so hot you could feel the heat!

I also enjoyed this storyline the best as well because it showed how Angelique fit into the picture along with how & why Barnabas had become what he was.  We got to see the reason behind all of her wickedness and it gave us a glimpse into what the "human" Angelique was like.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2003, 02:09:35 PM »
when she discovered that Sky was was an Enron CEO.  That's one of the few scenes which can bring a tear

Come now, Gerard!  You're giving Leviathans a bad name with this comparison!   ;)
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2003, 04:08:48 PM »
 ::)I have to say in the 1795 storyline, when she was first introduced, Angelique portrayed what she was---a witch. She never diverted from that person. I loved Parker's work here. As other storylines developed, her character evolved but didn't stray far from her primary goal (except in the Leviathan part) of avenging Barnabas' rejection.
                                                                             Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline bluedog

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2003, 03:15:27 AM »
 [hello] [hello]Tough question, I liked all of them, but I must say that the 1795  Angelique was my favorite, followed by 1897 and then 1840.  I agree, I wish they would have shown Barnabas & Angelique in Martinique.

Lynn

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2003, 02:05:38 PM »
Cassandra. I hated her at first, but she's now my favorite LP incarnation.

What Gothick and Cassandra Blair said  8)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga