Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0610  (Read 983 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0610
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »
Robservations #610

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0610

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 05:38:42 PM »
I love that slap that Nicholas gave Eve....a little advice to Eve in the future.....don't mouth off to someone like Nicholas....hate him all you want, but he WILL put you in your place when push comes to shove.

Eve refuses to believe that Jeff could be anyone BUT Peter Bradford. I wasn't crazy about the writers tying in Peter with Eve/Danielle Roget the first time around and I still feel it didn't make any sense.....I just don't buy that Peter and Danielle could have been lovers, at least in the facility of Collinsport which is what the writers led us to believe.

Nice scenes between Vicki and Elizabeth.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »
I've always liked all the scenes with Vicki and Elizabeth, and with Vicki and Naomi as well.

Nicholas is astounded to learn that Jeff Clark = Peter Bradford. His pride affronted, he exclaims, If it is true that they are one and the same, then there are forces at work here that I don’t know about.

The idea that Eve and Peter were lovers is one of the more incredible plot twists on the show--and that includes all the ghosts, witches, vampires and werewolves. Yikes!  [santa_smiley]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 07:32:52 AM »
"You responded to the name"-- Clever observation of Eve's I thought.   She's Pepe LePue now, and Jeff's the cat she's mistaking for another skunk.   **  Everyone has got to stop disbelieving Liz.  What more evidence do they want that her fears are justified?  **   Interesting to see Nick thrown by Peter Bradford's presence.

Eve is well written and played, even when other things/characters aren't.   Also interesting that in her time trance, Nicholas had to have Eve make her mind blank, cancelling out her present personality as much as possible, for her old self to re-emerge.   There's a certain logic there.   So she killed Phillipe to save Peter to have him.    Yet Phillipe still wanted her even as a ghost.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 06:07:45 PM »
Perhaps Phillipe sensed that Eve/Danielle wasn't happy with Adam and wanted to do her a favor.... [santa_wink]

Shouldn't Phillipe's spirit have been aware though that Peter Bradford was maybe on the scene again since Jeff Clark looks so much like him....I would have thought the ghost would have gone after Jeff as well....I mean Peter was the reason that Danielle murdered Phillipe for.... [santa_rolleyes]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:27:39 AM »
Peter grimaces and hold his hair in some attempt to show emotion.  Elizabeth looks pretty seated at her desk. Eve says she looks different now, but in the flashback she looks like herself and nothing like Leota.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 09:16:56 PM »
I enjoyed Eve's speechless response to Liz's calling her the Angel of Death. It's almost as if this woman, who's just been transported from the 18th Century and placed into a new body in the 20th, is thinking to herself, "Man, this old lady is too crazy even for me," as she hightails it off the premises.

I always love to speculate which particular movie the characters are heading off to see on their dates. As this is 1968, I like to imagine that it is "Rosemary's Baby" and that Jeff and Vickie laugh their fool heads off at all the devilish doings, calling the filmmakers rank amateurs and fact-checking the story as it goes.