Author Topic: Angelique - will they ever explain why/how she became a witch...  (Read 1421 times)

Offline akhet

• View Profile
and what happened between barnabus and her in france.  I get it that they were romantically involved, but why is he no longer interested.  Btw, this is my first time seeing the series, so i do not want specific details about this, but rather just a yes no kind of thing.

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re: Angelique - will they ever explain why/how she became a witc
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2002, 09:01:16 AM »
I heard Letterman is moving to ABC, so Ted Koppel is gonna move to Sci-fi for his late night expose' show

[idea2]

Maybe Angie's story could be the first topic for Ted's new show, FRIGHT Line. :o

[jester]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2002, 01:49:49 PM »
You should read Lara Parker's book titled ANGELIQUE'S DESCENT. It covers the background of her character and that Martinique scene.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2002, 04:18:56 PM »
You know what I wonder about Angelique?....how much credit she deserves for the revival of Wiccan spirituality all these years later.....?

I see a PhD dissertation somewhere in there.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2002, 05:26:05 AM »
and what happened between barnabus and her in france.  I get it that they were romantically involved, but why is he no longer interested

Akhet, I agree with VAM that you may want to read "Angelique's Descent," which is Lara Parker's interpretation/conception of Angelique's and Barnabas' past in Martinique (not France).

Some of Ms. Parker's ideas may be at variance with what will later be revealed on the show -- much later, like about four years from now.  Since you don't want the details, you'll just have to wait  :-X ... it's something worth waiting for, though, IMO!

As far as why he's no longer interested, that's something you'll have to figure out on your own.  Many people have brief romantic or sexual flings.  The fact that he is a gentleman and she is a servant probably plays a role.  Oh yes.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline akhet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2002, 02:19:20 AM »
angelique is way hot!!!! - i mean extremely sexy, way sexier than maggie/josette, but i guess thats not barnie's opinion ;D

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2002, 02:55:05 AM »

Many people have brief romantic or sexual flings.  The fact that he is a gentleman and she is a servant probably plays a role.  

I may have been too graphic in my terminology here.  A word more in keeping with the 18th century would probably be "dalliance."   :)

Others on this board might be better able to tell you of the type of woman Barnabas likes ...  ;)

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2002, 04:03:39 AM »
Vlad wrote:

Others on this board might be better able to tell you of the type of woman Barnabas likes ...  ;)

Compliant
Sub-serviant
A pip-squeak
Good neck ;)
Quiet (towards everyone except him)
Cunning
Crafty
Sympathetic
About 50 (out of 52) cards

i.e., a real "yes man" ;D

CAN WE TELL PATTI IS 2-3 DAYS OVERDUE AND STILL NOT QUITE READY??? HELLO??? THOUGHT I WAS HAVING PAINS BEFORE...BUT NOOOOO, ONLY GAS >:( >:(

Have a good weekend.

P.S....I thought I posted something yesterday (re: did I blink/when did Josh become a cat AND if I was Vicki I'd think I was losing my marbles).....ALSO, I definitely logged out of here at 3:15ish p.m., yet now-7:45ish I'm still in.

Patio Furniture (a nice Irish girl, born on St. Patrick's Day)
What a Woman!

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2002, 04:19:21 AM »
Patti,
           Maybe your Tommy is holding out for the 13th,  ;Dmy hubby's birthday.  Can't think of what to get him.  Do you think he would like a Barnabas cane or ring? hehe.  More like the Patriots tape.  ::) He is still talking about the game and season.

Birdie--he returned the computer chair I bought him.  Somehow he thinks I spend more time on the computer than he does.  Where did he get that idea? ?!?
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2002, 01:35:45 AM »
I thought I posted something yesterday (re: did I blink/when did Josh become a cat AND if I was Vicki I'd think I was losing my marbles).....

You did post that you missed seeing it.  It happened in ep #378, which aired a week ago.  Jeremiah was leaving, so Ang got the idea that she could prevent his departure by having something happen to Joshua, and it worked because Jeremiah's attention turned to finding his brother.  It's a must-see for Ben's dialogue alone.

ALSO, I definitely logged out of here at 3:15ish p.m., yet now-7:45ish I'm still in.

Patti, check to see if the box at the bottom of the home page that says "Always stay logged in" is checked.  If you prefer to log out and back on again for each visit, you'll want to either uncheck it or drastically reduce the number of minutes.

(a nice Irish girl, born on St. Patrick's Day)

Wow!