Author Topic: Pre-emption blues  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Afan

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
Re:Pre-emption blues
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2003, 11:29:05 PM »
 :'(Does anyone know when DS will be back on the air?
I am away next week, and don't know whether to set my timer for DS or use the tape for my other two shows.I have ordered tapes from MCi to come at a regular basis, but they have skipped two episodes, and now am not hearing ANYthing from them.  Does anyone else ever have this trouble?  Thanks. Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2003, 12:08:24 AM »
Does anyone know when DS will be back on the air?

DS is on again Monday (the 13th), but won't return again until October 20th.

The monthly schedule can usually be found on the forum's calendar.  [winkg]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2003, 12:15:30 AM »
DS is on again Monday (the 13th)

You can expect to see the return of a couple of familiar faces.  [winkb]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2003, 12:30:29 AM »
Actually, the entire schedule is listed on the Forum Calendar through the month of November!  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2003, 03:31:23 PM »
watching baseball of course

jennifer
ps this is a great time for movies too
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Aristia

• Junior Poster
  • Crazy like a fox!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2003, 04:34:22 AM »
The blues have been so bad, I've quit my job and stopped excersising.

Heheh, well, actually I left my job last week for other reasons, but I guess I really can blame the lack of excersise on the DS dry spell since I'd do sit-ups during the commercial breaks.

Can't wait until tomorrow morning though!!! >:D

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2003, 06:51:44 PM »
I currently don't have cable TV, so I use SciFi to pace my viewing of the series. That is, I have the tapes, but I watch them as SciFi playes the corresponding episodes. I finally got caught up to where SciFi is now this past weekend. I got a little behind with the hurricane and working overtime lately.
    Actually, I'm just a few tapes short of the complete collection, but I will have all of the red series (original MPI) completed soon. My wife and I completed our set
of the blue tapes (collectors series) already.
  If SciFi doesn't renew DS this time, but I think they will, I'll just pace myself with the DVDs. I will start to get more of those as soon as I complete my VHS set.

By the way, is it just me, or is it odd that since MPI sell brand new tapes for such a good deal, $9.98 each or less in quantity, that I see Ebay so full of people selling used tapes for as much or more than new tapes would cost? Not that I'm plugging MPI, just notice a glut of it on Ebay.
             Michael aka CyrusL
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline grayson67

• Junior Poster
  • I must come up with something creative to put here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2003, 08:47:24 PM »
All I know is that it's a good thing Monday is coming soon because I think my preemption blues are beginning to affect my mood at work. Apparently, at least according to the one girl I work with, I'm in a better mood on the days that I get to watch a few minutes of DS in the morning before work than when I don't.  :-[Obviously I've been cranky in the morning for quite a few days. Seriously though, I've been watching 1897 (my favorite storyline) again to take up the slack plus filling my time by watching the entire 2nd season of 24 on DVD in an attempt to see the whole thing before the 3rd season premiere.

grayson67 (Melissa)

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2003, 09:59:05 PM »
I'll be flying to Sweden today to visit Mom (yet another DS fan!) so I'm recording next week's episodes.

Although the only Scifi Channel shows I've been watching besides DS are the occasional Star Trek, TZ and Outer Limits, I've caught a few episodes of Beyond Belief and actually enjoyed this show.  One of yesterday's stories about a holocaust victim reunited with her daughter and granddaughter even brought tears to my eyes.  And it turned out to be true!  Some of the ghostly stories have been fun, too.  Jonathan Frakes is an inveterate punster.  Cheesy but fun!

Other than that, I have been tuning in to I Love Lucy on TV Land and Frasier, which is probably the only contemporary sitcom I care to watch.  PBS has had some fascinating stuff too, such as America's first road trip (Ken Burn's latest effort) and the Masterpiece Theatre movie about Queen Boadicea, which wasn't all that great by MT standards but the topic interested me.

And I still havene't seen my current Netflix selections after more than a month!

That's how happily Happybat is coping- all the while trying to keep up with real life.

BTW, love the cute skeletons!   ;D ;) :D ::) :-*

Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher