Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0604  (Read 851 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0604
« on: December 06, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »
Robservations #604

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0604

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
Poor Liz.   So much torment from someone who's moved on and doesn't even care about the curse she left behind.   That's life, isn't it?   Absurd futility.   Anyway, Roger Davis should have felt privileged to carry a Hollywood legend.   I can't help thinking, Joan Bennett's allowing herself to be carried, what a good sport, how gracious of her... but it's her job, so I'm being silly.   I guess it's also part of the job that occasionally a dweeb like Roger Davis (Sorry Roger, I liked Crazy Dirk and 100 year old Tate, in case he sees this) will feel you up when he gets a chance, which he does when supposedly checking to see if Liz is breathing.... by putting his hand on Joan Bennett's left breast.   Yes she's breathing all right, he confirms.   

When did Barnajulia ever learn about Nick, his powers, his nature?   I thought Nick was a mystery to them.   They're treating him as a known quantity now.

Julia declares Liz dead, and the next nanosecond she revives.   Oops.   That's two wrong death diagnoses in the last few days.   Time to go back to her historian/author story, no one's going to buy that she's a doctor now...   By the way, no one should ever question Elizabeth's buried-alive fears ever again.  Yet they still do.

Barnabas looked really dead, in Julia's dream, propped up against a tree.... Abigail's tree?

I miss dom.  Lydia too.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 06:20:18 PM »
Julia is up in her room with Barnabas, but before you get any ideas, I must tell you that they’ve merely finalized their plans to kill Eve by their usual method. (Julia is wearing the same dress as when she was missing at Tom Jennings’s hands--personally I would have burned it, but I blame it on Wardrobe.) Julia will somehow distract Nicholas (they don’t know about Angelique, remember) while Barnabas sticks Eve with a hypo. Death will occur within ten seconds, and all trace of the poison will dissipate within two minutes, so it will look like a heart attack. (Strangely, the prospect of murder doesn’t seem to faze Julia. The chosen method seems to trigger no unpleasant memories of her role in the death of her friend Dave Woodard.

The family doctor comes to check up on Elizabeth, but survives by wisely remaining off camera. We only hear a knock on the door that signals his/her arrival.

Vicki decides that Jeff’s noble behavior (in helping Elizabeth upstairs, that is) is grounds for reconciliation, and they enthusiastically seal their reunion in time-honored fashion. Unfortunately for Barnabas, he comes downstairs just at this moment. Although the lovers are oblivious to all but one another, we can see that Barnabas is stunned for a moment before his face is suffused with pain. He quickly leaves without their noticing.

I think Barn and Julia have always assumed that Nicholas is some kind of devil because when he first arrived, he introduced himself as Cassandra's brother. "Brother devil," Barn comments dryly when discussing him with Julia later in that episode--although it's true that they have never seen him actually engage in any sort of demonic activity. He seems careful to avoid having that happen.

I'll bet that was Abigail's tree--and yes, Barn did look really dead, as I remember.

I miss dom and Lydia too.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »
The family doctor comes to check up on Elizabeth, but survives by wisely remaining off camera. We only hear a knock on the door that signals his/her arrival.

Chuckle.  And I'm very glad and appreciative that you're still here, DL.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:58 PM »
Thanks, MT--and likewise!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »
Elizabeth has no Breath, but is visibly breathing.  The injection to kill Eve is shown in Julia's new room which appears to be a reworking of Vickie's room.  Julia the great doctor that she is declares there is no pulse or heartbeat and despite the fact that the mistress of Collinwood had been declaring that she will die, but only appear dead, Julia does not even consider this could happen.  Once she revives, Julia quicly pulls out the sedatives to drug her to sleep. If I had been declared dead, I would certainly not want to sleep.
Meanwhile Barnabas and presumably the audience stares in horror at the Vickie and Jeff reunion. Only Vickie worries that her mistress will be buried alive.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »
Yes, a stimulant was called for to keep Liz awake.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 07:43:41 AM »
sedative or stimulant or both?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
The last thing I'd want if I'd just died for a few moments would be a sedative.  In fact I wouldn't want to go to sleep that night.