Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0603  (Read 1181 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0603
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:12:33 PM »
Robservations #603

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0603

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:23:01 PM »
Liz is haunted by herself, or what seems to be her own voice, telling her she must GET READY!! to go to her grave...  How do you do that, exactly?   Give real-Liz a break, she already picked out a nice dress to be buried alive in, what further preparation do you expect?

Nicely written scene with Liz, Vicki, and Roger on the new mausoleum, and architect's model.   ***  Peter's buried in the Collins family cemetary.   Liz appears to die on his grave, after Jeff just barely touches her.   She dies mistaking Jeff for Peter, on Peter's grave, though she doesn't think she's Naomi.   Very confusing.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
In trying to talk Elizabeth out of her depression, Vicki tells what may be the last foundling-home story. She looks pretty with her hair loose.

The mausoleum model is beautiful. Too bad Roger has to smash it. But the whole scene with Elizabeth, Roger, and Vicki was well written and convincingly acted.

So Peter Bradford kills Elizabeth??? WTF? Would have made more sense for Angelique to be somewhere nearby, flapping her sleeves menacingly.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »
... for Angelique to be somewhere nearby, flapping her sleeves menacingly.

Chuckle.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 08:01:14 PM »
Yeah, I guess DC didn't want to spring for a fifth cast member.  [santa_rolleyes]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 05:10:53 AM »
The Stoddard Tomb is really quite nice. I have always pictured having one like is. It is to be built on the cliffs by the sea. Elizabeth has no pulse nor heartbeat. Vicki's cries she is dead. The closest thing to a pre Barnabas episode in ages.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 06:01:55 AM »
Is this the prettiest AM ever looked on this show? All I can say is "Wow!"

As for Elizabeth, for a woman without a pulse or heartbeat, there sure was a lot of chest-heaving going on.

I, too, loved the pre-Barnabas feel of this episode.