Author Topic: OT: Dennis Patrick on Ironside  (Read 627 times)

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
OT: Dennis Patrick on Ironside
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:08:14 PM »
For those who might be interested, Dennis Patrick's episode on the original Ironside entitled Camera... Action... Murder! will air Wednesday December 4th at 11 am EST on Me-TV. Check your local listings in case your local Me-TV affilliate has a different schedule.

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Dennis Patrick on Ironside
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »
I just watched him on an episode of Eight is Enough which I got through Warners Archive.
He played Betty Buckley's father. It was the episode where Abby marries Tom.
It looked like an easy job for him because the writers didn't give him many lines. I was surprised they didn't use him to greater capacity--but there were so many other regular characters on that show who needed screen time plus Sylvia Sydney was a guest! There were a lot of scenes of Dennis just standing around smiling and reacting to the other characters hijinks. He was basically there so he could walk Abby down the aisle.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Dennis Patrick on Ironside
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »
I think that the late, lamented Mr. Patrick was almost  as prolific as both KLS and John Karlen when it came to guest appearances on American television programs. 

I can recall seeing Mr. Patrick's unmistakeably smiling and handsome Irish face on such shows as "Bonanza," "The Incredible Hulk," and "The Fugitive" (where, unfortunately, Mr. Patrick's character was swept overboard during a fierce storm, much like Joe Haskell's father apparently was, while out on one the Collins Family fishing boats off the coast of Maine).