Author Topic: Wow!!  (Read 505 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Wow!!
« on: November 21, 2013, 09:47:13 PM »
I recently had to go to Walmart († sweet Jesus † )

Anywho, in front of electronics department, they had one of those bins they just put random DVDs in.

The FIRST thing to catch this cousin's eye was a "Fans Favorite" of various eps of original DS series.

This is first time I've ever seen the original series on DVD!!

I looked at the index...didn't want to start out with the real good stuff; scrolled to a 1970 ep (I thought is was going to be an 'Adam' storyline....it was P/T!! )

But....that's not the best part...it was an episode I've never seen before!!!!!!!!!!!

(Without spoilers, when I think viewers favs from P/T would've been, um, Hello/Goodbye Julia Hoffman and Angelexis.)

The O N E ep I've watched was getting ready for ? the masquerade  ? ball...with, well, If you've seen "Rebecca", you've seen this.

It was soooooooo awesome to see DS on DVD!!!!

And you know what....there are I believe 10 eps....and I paid...

$ 5.00

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Wow!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »
That's a great deal, Patti - congrats on finding it.  [hall2_smiley]

We talked about this last year when the DVD came out (along with Greatest Episodes - The Best Of Barnabas), but the choices of eps are certainly interesting, particularly how the choices jump more than 300 eps from Josette's arrival in 1795 all the way up to practically the end of 1969's Quentin's Haunting/Werewolf storyline. It's like most of 1795 and all of 1968 don't exist. But there are many eps during that gap that I would consider some of DS' greatest. And that one ep that was chosen from 1795 isn't quite the one I might have chosen as the single greatest ep of 1795 (Hello! - when Angelique curses Barnabas, for starters). Though that being said, I think some of the other eps are good choices.