Author Topic: Frid Heads towards Collin*g*wood!  (Read 892 times)

Nancy

Frid Heads towards Collin*g*wood!
« on: September 26, 2003, 01:26:47 AM »
Jonathan Frid has updated his website to include a new photo from his private collection and an announcement of a "swan song" performance in (get this) Collingwood, Ontario, Canada the end of October.

Check it out on the first page of his website at

http://www.jonathanfrid.com

Nancy

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:Frid Heads towards Collin*g*wood!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 10:10:31 PM »
Nancy, A friend of mine told me that he saw a claim on the discountdvd.com website that the new MPI DS Reunion (aka DS Memories) DVD has a new narration on it by Jonathan.

Have you heard anything about this?  I just checked the listing on Amazon.com and there was no mention of it.  I did think it was odd that they put Jonathan's face on that tape, given that he did not attend the "reunion" event.

Apparently, the blurb my friend saw stated that a portion of the tape/disc includes surviving cast members talking about their favorite scenes/episodes (which are also included, in snippet form I would gather).

I wonder whether this item will see a VHS format release.

That's exciting about Jonathan performing in Collingwood.  I am going to be in Ontario, but in early October for Columbus Day weekend.

Thanks,

Steve

Nancy

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 05:09:26 AM »
Steve,
No, Jonathan has not done any new recording for the DVD series.  I'm sure whatever the DVD has is "new" in that it's not appeared in conjunction with the series on DVD but that doesn't mean the "new" is in fact over a decade old.  The interviews on the DVD that JF did are far from recent.  The narration may well include material that JF has done in the past for other programs about DS that appeared on public television.  He was the narrator for two of those.  Maybe one of those or a partial one narration is being used on the DVD.

Yes, I agree with you it's pretty weird putting JF's face on the cover The DS Reunion when he wasn't involved and Barnabas was not represented in the production.  Why not put David Selby (who is more identifiable in the commercial world than JF's face is) . . . strange indeed.

Nancy

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 08:33:34 PM »
Jonathan Frid has updated his website to include an announcement of a "swan song" performance in (get this) Collingwood, Ontario, Canada the end of October.

Not that this will get me anywhere........

But you KNOW, there's a Collingwood in New Jersey as well!  For those of us unable to leave the country for legal reasons, (and appreciative of good theater) this would prove most convenient.  Even better would be McCarter Theater in Princeton.  He would just love it there.  :D

David

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 08:48:24 PM »
Nancy: if everyone here in San Francisco says "pretty please with sugar on top"
think we could convince JF to do a show here?

(sorry----HAD to ask!)