Author Topic: DS Fest  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
DS Fest
« on: March 07, 2002, 04:53:30 AM »
Hi all,

This may be a little soon to ask, but with the latest Shadowgram mailing I am starting to anticipate this years' Fest in Anaheim. I had a great time in NY last year and loved meeting so many of you and I was wondering who is planning on attending this year? Since I live in Southern California I definitely will be there and look forward to the opportunity to meet more of y'all and to see again those who helped to make last years Fest such a memorable one for me--you guys hanging out outside the bar on Saturday night know who you are!  :)

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: DS Fest
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2002, 05:12:17 AM »
Bette, I  plan to attend. Hope to see ya there God willing!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2002, 09:12:51 AM »
Wow, another Southern California DS fan!  :) I thought I was the only one.  I will definitely be at the Anaheim Festival, and I hope to meet you, Bette.  I was also considering attending the banquet.  Would those of you who have gone before recommend it?

ProfStokes

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2002, 01:57:44 PM »
It is a nice way to end your time at the Festival.es, I would recommend .if you have the spare change.   At the 2000 one,  Nancey Barrett performed and last year highlights from the William Paley Festival were shown..
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2002, 03:57:02 PM »
Wish I could....but I don't live on the Left Coast and I don't fly.

However, I'm already thinking about 2003 when you all come back to New York.....Wish I'd found you guys LAST year (sigh)!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2002, 04:21:48 PM »
Bette, it's been on my calendar for months, and I hope to finalize my plans soon.  Some of my other Chicago-area friends may be going as well.

Looking forward to seeing you and all my DS buds again, as well as meeting more folks from this board.  You're a great bunch!    :)

Ben

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2002, 06:20:52 PM »
Wow, another Southern California DS fan!  :) I thought I was the only one.  I will definitely be at the Anaheim Festival, and I hope to meet you, Bette.  I was also considering attending the banquet.  Would those of you who have gone before recommend it?

ProfStokes

[shadow=red,left,300]I would also recommend attending the banquet. It is a great venue to congregrate with your friends and say goodbye one final time before everyone heads off to different parts of the country the following morning.[/shadow]
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2002, 07:52:35 PM »
The jury is still out as to whether or not I can attend this year but would love to!  BTW: Does anyone know why the information about this year's fest is no longer posted on the Dark Shadows festival page  ?!?  I seem to remember it once was - but when I went back to check something later it was gone.  :-/
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2002, 08:24:01 PM »
Wow, another Southern California DS fan!  :)  I thought I was the only one.  I will definitely be at the Anaheim Festival, and I hope to meet you, Bette.  I was also considering attending the banquet.  Would those of you who have gone before recommend it?

No, professor you are not the only one, though I wish there were more of us in contact with each other. There is a small group who meet around Christmas called "Shadows in the Sun." I don't think they are terribly active.  :-[  I only went once to a get-together.

Hope to see you in Anaheim. :)

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: DS FestWow, another Southern California DS fan!   <http://ww
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2002, 09:16:58 PM »
Bette's
you guys hanging out outside the bar on Saturday night know who you are!:)

Surely you can't mean this motley crew?...

Hee hee!!

I'm looking forward to it, Bette, and wish everyone here could make it!  For the out-of-towners, staying in Ahaheim should be a lot more entertaining than that dreary area near the airport.  And with Disney celebrating it's 100th birthday plus the California Adventure theme park that's new for the 2000 Fest goers, Disneyland should be fun. :)

ProfStokes'
Wow, another Southern California DS fan! :) I thought I was the only one.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.  :'(

(just kidding!)

Offline Latisha

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Catcam.tv
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2002, 10:49:42 PM »
I CAN'T WAIT to go to the festival!  I've never been to one and live very close to Anaheim, so I'll be there.  I have already put in for that Friday off!  I don't want to get there Saturday and have everyone say "oh, you should of been here yesterday...".  I don't know any people at all, besides you folks of course, who watch Dark Shadows, so it will be great to meet a whole convention center full of 'em!  Yikes!

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2002, 11:00:44 PM »
Should be fun this year -- the west coast events are usually a little less packed, so you can have all the Fest fun without the mosh pit interludes  ;)
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2002, 01:18:16 AM »
I will be attending the Dark Shadows Festival too, and am looking forward to it being in a new location. I always go for the whole weekend and attend the banquet too. The Festival weekend is the quickest one of the year for me. Here and gone, but a lot of fun! It's nice for the fans who get to see their favorite actor. I sure do miss mine. I wish Craig Slocum could be there. I hope to see some of you from the board there, it's always nice to meet new people too. Looking forward to seeing ProfStokes, and Bobubas again, I know both of you. See you in Anaheim, CA!  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2002, 03:04:46 AM »
I'll be there for the fest and banquet. Looking forward to visiting Calif again. This will be my 4th trip out west.  Another reason I am looking forward to Calif. is I am going to meet the brother of a dear friend of mine. My friend found out about 2 years ago that he had a biological brother that was given up for adoption about 1year before he himself was born. Our families have known each other so long and I had no clue about this other child.
Now I just have to find a decent air fare. I prefer to fly direct without any stops but that is expensive from my area. I hate flying as it is so so the fewer times I have to take off and land the better. :)
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2002, 04:42:03 AM »
Bette my darling,

Sad to say, but it seems as I'll actually miss the Fest this year (for the first time since 1998!)  Ah, well.  It isn't as if we won't be seeing each other after September on a more regular basis than, say, now.  

Smoochies,

Nicky (love the picture, by the by ... brings back such fond, rum-and-coke blurred memories)
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"