Author Topic: Kate Jackson news  (Read 935 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Kate Jackson news
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:46:15 AM »
There is an item about Kate Jackson in this online column. I attempted to copy the relevant paragraph which comes towards the end of the current column dated Nov. 11 but the copy functionality is blocked:

http://www.billymasters.com/active/active.htm

The item is about Kate's efforts to write her memoirs.  The book was originally announced for May 2011 publication.  The latest revised date is Feb. 2015.  According to Masters, Kate has had difficulties getting beyond her outline.  Let's hope she's able get down to working on it over this Winter.

Best,

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Jackson news
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 02:28:40 AM »
she should hit KLS up for some tips on autobiography writing...

maybe it can get published by "pomegranate press".
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 03:15:11 AM »
Billy Masters implied she had a contract with a regular mainstream publisher.

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:16:00 AM »
I checked Amazon just now and The Smart One by Kate Jackson is listed for pre-order, as published by Simon and Schuster... but only as an eBook.

Wishing Kate all the best with her project!

G.

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 09:18:20 PM »
She probably needs a "ghost" writer!  [hall2_wink] Where's Daphne when you need her???
Seriously, though, a lot of celebrities who "write" their autobiographies have ghostwriters.
I went to Barbara Eden's book-signing once, and she told us she didn't write the book by herself.
The cover says by Barbara Eden *with* Wendy Leigh--and if you really read the book, it does sound like Wendy interviewed Barbara and asked her a lot of questions about her life and career, and then put all the quotes into a cohesive text.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 02:21:33 PM »
The cover says by Barbara Eden *with* Wendy Leigh--and if you really read the book, it does sound like Wendy interviewed Barbara and asked her a lot of questions about her life and career, and then put all the quotes into a cohesive text.

Ronny G,

Wendy Leigh must be quite prolific in assisting celebrities with their autobiographies.  I just finished reading the great Shirley Jones' autobiography, entitled "Shirley Jones: My Memoir," and Ms. Leigh also assisted Ms. Jones in the writing of her autobiography.

In the book, Ms. Jones writes of her childhood in a small town in Pennsylvania, her big break on Broadway, and her long and successful career in both film and television.  Of course, Ms. Jones writes extensively about her "event-filled" marriage to the late, lamented Jack Cassidy.

Let me tell you, in looking at the photographs of  Ms. Jones and Mr. Cassidy, I must say that Mr. Cassidy, with his trademark smile and neatly trimmed moustache, bore an uncanny resemblance to "Dark Shadows'" own Nicholas Blair! [santa_azn] [santa_thumb] [santa_evil]

The book is a great read for any DS fans who are also fans of Ms. Jones' work on stage, screen and as Danny Bonaduce's extremely patient and lovely mom on "The Partridge Family."
 [santa_wink] [santa_smiley]

Bob