Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0584  (Read 688 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0584
« on: November 08, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
Robservations #584

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0584

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 05:27:49 AM »
Willie carries Maggie through hill and dale, city street and highway, eventually arriving at Eagle Hill Cemetery, five miles north of town.   I'm sure he looked very much like something out a mummy movie, only shorter, parading through the streets with his victim.    Or the Frankenstein monster himself.   The current police chief must be Officer Barbrady.   I forgot, Willie has access to a car.  Never mind.  I like the image anyway.

In trying to remember her past abduction during her current abduction, Maggie remembers another time when she couldn't remember anything.  Very helpful.   I enjoy incidents like these, when Willie's awe-inspiring mastery of problem-solving in a crisis comes to the fore.

I think Barnabas's obliviousness to the possibility of Maggie being in the mausoleum is explained by the fact that it's hard for smarter people to put themselves inside the heads of those who aren't...  Barnabas "locking and loading" for dramatic "oomph" was silly.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 06:40:15 PM »
Maggie revives in the secret room. She looks around--and starts screaming when she sees a coffin. Since Barnabas no longer needs it, one presumes it was put there for safekeeping while Julia's experiment took over the cellar of the Old House.

Willie tries to calm Maggie down, but things only get worse when she starts to remember that Julia brought her here to test her memory. This whole flashback had to be reshot in color.

MT, good comment on Barnabas's smarts vs. Willie's tailfirst attempt at problem solving.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 07:41:33 PM »
MT, good comment on Barnabas's smarts vs. Willie's tailfirst attempt at problem solving.

Thanks and LOL respectively, DL.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »
 [hall2_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 04:13:19 AM »
They are overusing the new moon over Old House slide. Julia volunteers for the life force and Jeff can do the experiment. There is a jumble of lines and TelePrompTer reading.  Maggie says Willie is babbling and thinks the place looks familiar.  barnabas resorts to kill mode once again.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times