Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0581  (Read 990 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0581
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
Yay - it's green sweater day!  [clap2]  After more than four months they finally got rid of the gray one!

Robservations #581

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0581

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »
Finding Carolyn asleep, Adam gently touches her shining golden hair to wake her up. The scene where Carolyn gives him the green sweater was very nicely written and nicely done, too. We'll never see Adam wearing another sweater.

Angelique visits Jeff in the basement lab at the Old House. The director was obviously trying for arty shots, and shows us Jeff as seen through one of the pieces of equipment--THEN, AGAIN, Angelique is seen reflected in a mirror!!! Jeff straps Angelique to the table and sets the equipment going. The noises reminded me of nothing so much as the chemistry scene in The Man in the White Suit.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »
I was glad to see Carolyn and Adam made up. Only Adam is hurt when she refers to him as a 'creature' not a man, but he keeps that to himself. The green sweater....while definitely an improvement over the gray one...eh, not something I would have liked, but to each their own.

Jeff goes to Collinwood to try and make up with Vicki, unfortunately she is not there. Carolyn tries to persuade him to stay to wait for her, but unfortunately he must answer to Angelique's beckoning and leaves.

So Jeff starts the experiment that Angelique hopes will do for her what it did for Barnabas...or rather what it was supposed to do but didn't. I'm surprised that Angelique never considered the possibility that only part of her life force would go into the mate, just enough to bring it alive but not quite enough for her to go into the body of the mate.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »
Perhaps the reason Adam never changes out of his green sweater is because it is a gift from Carolyn. I never thought about that before.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
ILB-- Ang doesn't want to inhabit
Eve's body... she only knows about Barnabas having brought Adam alive and being cured of gis vampore curse, so that's what she thinks will happen.   She just wants to stay in her own body and be human.   She doesn't know that the original intent was a bodyswap.   Which makes me think, what if the bodyswap happened as Lang intended, this time?

Womenfriends need to stop trusting Peterjeff with important tasks where their lives are at stake.   Ang's soliloquy about death being an old friend was nice.   This ep has better writing.  It's one of those where it's not all plot, and some reflection goes on, rare these days.

Wha--?  Adam grows up re Carolyn.   That's what my notes here say, verbatim.   If he's come this far, realizing they can be good friends without being lovers, then he's also one step away from realizing he won't need to have a crazy-quilt female monster made from dead people just to get a date, down the road.   He just needs more time to get acclimated to the world.

"Adam will live in this green sweater forever!!"  That also comes from my notes.   Adam wishes he'd been a child so that he could have been loved.   That was well done.   Don't Roger, Liz, or David ever hear Carolyn and Adam talking loudly next door?

No writing credit, but it was good this time.   Jeff twiddles knobs ineptly, makes something happen...   Why are all Roger Davis characters written as people out of their depth, screw-ups, but whom we're supposed to see as heroes anyway, maybe?   He did have a passable moment where he talked about his life now not being his own, and not knowing why, thanks to Ang.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »
It was nice that Adam got a new piece of clothing.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times