Author Topic: Columbo (featuring DS guest stars?) Is Amazon's Deal of the Day Today  (Read 937 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
It's pretty much off topic, but the complete COLUMBO box set is today's deal (11/5/2013).  It's around 60 bucks and the usual retail price is around 160.

I think at least a couple of DS stars appeared in guest roles on Columbo.  I remember a rumor that Grayson did one but it would appear that that was not true.  I think Columbo was one of the few 1970s series Thayer DIDN'T appear on...

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Columbo (featuring DS guest stars?) Is Amazon's Deal of the Day Today
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 05:34:45 PM »
Yes, it certainly seemed as if Thayer David guested on practically every dramatic TV show and appeared in almost every other movie back in the '70s, which makes his passing at only 51 an even greater tragedy because his acting career was going gangbusters. And believe it or not, he did do a Columbo. Well, according to tv.com he appeared in an ep entitled Now You See Him, which was originally shown on February 29, 1976 (the 5th season). MeTV is running Columbo, and how's this for happenstance - according to my DVR's schedule, that very ep is running this coming Sunday (the 10th) at 8pm ET!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 02:05:03 AM »
That's awesome, MB.  Thanks for mentioning this!

Hey, wait, does this appearance involving Thayer demonstrating a certain trick device to the good Lieutenant?  I just may have seen it...

My brain... once, I had one... lol.

Best, G.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 05:24:18 AM »
That's wonderful!  I used to love Columbo, but I haven't been watching any of the current showings.  I have no recollection of him on it, so I hope it works out to get this one.
Josette