Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0579  (Read 1201 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0579
« on: November 01, 2013, 04:10:14 PM »
Robservations #579

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0579

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »
I see Ang made Jeff stop wearing a tie, for easy access.   Vicki breaks it off, which can be painful for a Peter, which Jeff of course is......

(Big Halloween emoticons gone, sniff sob)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »
The writers messed up here. Why is Professor Stokes so surprised to see Jeff there when he knew a couple episodes ago that Jeff was involved with the experiment (when Jeff unwisely taunted Adam about his origins)?

I think Julia should have lied to Vicki and said that Jeff was undergoing some mental problems due to his frustration over not knowing who he is. On second thought, maybe Jeff should have that to Vicki....maybe she would have been more understanding about his turning down Roger's job offer. I mean Jeff had to have known that working overtime on the experiment was bound to put some serious strain on their relationship, even though it would have meant saving her from Adam's wrath.

Julia and Barnabas are about ready to start with the experiment...who will be the unlucky woman they will try to coerce into it? [spoiler]I always hated that Barnabas thought of Maggie first...I mean, didn't he put her through enough grief when he abducted her, held her prisoner, tried to brainwash her into being Josette, then tried to finish her off when she escaped?[/spoiler]

Again, I'll say I'll be so happy when this part of the story comes to an end.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »
Jeff tries to get information about the experiment out of Julia, who tells him that the less he knows about it, the better. Then she sets him to work on the electronics (such as they are)--his real work--and stalks off upstairs to see Barnabas, leaving Jeff alone with the knowledge that he has made Julia Hoffman distrust him--never a good idea.

Although Angelique has bitten him twice, he never has bite marks on his neck.

As Barnabas sits upstairs in his drawing room, we see a nice closeup of his cane and ring, with a bright fire in the fireplace in the background.

This isn't my favorite story line either, ILB.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 02:10:20 AM »
The writers messed up here. Why is Professor Stokes so surprised to see Jeff there when he knew a couple episodes ago that Jeff was involved with the experiment (when Jeff unwisely taunted Adam about his origins)?

Stokes just didn't want to have to explain his aving barged into Barnabas's cellar, I think.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:31:47 AM »
Julia catches Jeff reading the experiment book and she gets all in an uproar when it would make sense he should know all he can to help with the thing.  Vickie has no trust in Jeff and breaks the engagement. She should has stuck with Frank Garner.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 04:59:24 AM »
For some reason, I really like AM's acting in this episode. She seems very poignant and wistful throughout, demonstrating how very effective understatement can be in conveying a person's mood or personality. Vickie seems genuinely confused, sad and almost resigned to losing Jeff for a reason she can't understand.

Nicely done.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 10:49:03 PM »
AM has some really fine moments, I especially enjoy some of her scenes with David H during the first year, they knock me out.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 09:29:14 AM »
Yea, it's sad that that bond between Vickie and David seems to dissipate over time. At this point in the story, it's barely even mentioned that Vickie is David's governess, and they have very few scenes together.