Author Topic: Johnny Depp is one of 17 hottest vampires in Hollywood History  (Read 705 times)

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Johnny Depp is one of 17 hottest vampires in Hollywood History
« on: October 30, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »
Johnny's Barnabas made their list of Hottest Vampires, but I know that Jonathan Frid should've been on the list, too!  (And where is Christopher Lee, for that matter?  Too many Twilight/True Blood vamps and not enough of the legends, IMHO!)  [hall2_grin]

From iVillage
17 hottest vampires in Hollywood history

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Depp is one of 17 hottest vampires in Hollywood History
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 07:02:43 PM »
Wow, it's fascinating that Depp's Barn is a part of that list - especially considering how/why Depp/Burton decided upon Barn's look. But it just goes to show that the inherent hotness of a vampire will always will out.  [hall2_wink]

Thanks for the link, madscntst.  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 03:18:19 AM »
All I will say is that's one list I find impossible to take seriously.

In general I detest lists... even for the typical fluff featurette that clutters today's interweb media, however, this one is really low on substance.

G.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 03:10:42 PM »
In addition to both the inane and downright fatuous omissions of both Jonathan Frid and Sir Christopher Lee, how could they also have neglected to cite the late Francis Lederer, who was so terrific in "The Return of Dracula"? [hall_angry]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
I could be wrong, but it seems as if some have misinterpreted the point of the list. It's not the 17 greatest vampires, it's the 17 hottest vampires.  [hall2_smiley]  And while the criteria for each one of those lists certainly wouldn't be mutually exclusive, it is different. And probably the biggest indication of that is the fact that Jonathan Rhys Meyers' Dracula is a part of the list even though we've just begun to see him as Drac, so his greatness in the annals of vampiredom may be yet to be determined over the course of the 10 ep series, but all that was really needed to make the hottest list is that JRM has been judged to look hot while he portrayed Drac in the first ep of the series. And why do I suspect that there are more than a few members here who think JRM most definitely looked hot while he did it?  [hall2_wink]