Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0573  (Read 979 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0573
« on: October 24, 2013, 03:18:07 PM »
Robservations #573

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0573

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:02:27 PM »
Is this the first appearence of the whispy blueish dress on Angelique? And why does a vampire need to change clothes anyway?

Barn presses Joe. It appears Barn has it all figured out.

I guess Julia didn't wait around.

Maggie looks lke crap.

I would expect Maggie to ask Joe if he is on drugs.

Loved Angelique taunting Nicholas in that bitchy way.

Last scene (Nick & Mags) sucked.

No awards for this episode.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:14:58 PM »
Angelique awakens and overhears Barnabas trying to talk Joe into leaving the house with him. She is tempted to move on from Joe to Barnabas, but decides against it when she realizes how angry Nicholas would be with her if she did that...since when has that ever stopped her? She's gone behind his back before....I suppose she has reason to take him seriously since he did cause her to age and die as Cassandra (yet he chose to bring her back, for his own reasons and amusement no doubt).

Joe is able to resist Angelique urging him to stay with her and allows Barnabas to take him to Maggie's. Nicholas, continuing his sweet talking and charming Maggie, is upset to see this but hides it well. He heads back to his house and demands Angelique call him back.

Joe apologizes to Maggie, but Angelique starts calling him. He really struggles to resist, and implores Maggie to knock him out with pills so he won't be able to hear Angelique's calls. Foolish thinking on his part....he knows Angelique is no ordinary woman and that she has powers to do just about anything....how does he think pills are going to help?

Anyway, Maggie gives him the pills and goes to bed herself when she sees he has fallen asleep. However, Angelique starts calling again, stronger than ever, her calls are too much for Joe to be able to ignore anymore and they jar him awake.

Nicholas arrives and lies to Maggie that he felt she was in danger and apologizes for intruding on her in the middle of night (gee, how 'considerate' of you Nicholas). Maggie tells him her concern about Joe and Nicholas 'innocently' points out that Joe is gone. Again 'thanks' for your sympathy, Nicholas, since you're the reason that Joe is no longer himself.

I have to agree that this was a bland episode, other than I sort of like seeing Angelique contemplating going after Barnabas.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:09:02 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot Julia was supposed to be right outside Nick's house.   How can Ang summon Joe from the coffin?   Either she's inert/dead, or awake and up.  Did she decide to sleep in while summoning Joe?  Just too lazy to get up right away?   I can't believe Barnabas actually got Joe out of the house, good for him.   Joel Crothers continues to be very good.

[candle_in_skull] [candle_in_skull] [skull_winks]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 10:23:18 PM »
Angelique thinks of Barnabas and payback. This storyline was my first exposure to Angelique and even as kids we caught on that she was in love with Barnabas.  It's really quite funny to think that Barnabas is able to steal away Joe who she is deeply involved with at this time.  Nick forces her to call back Joe after the alienation of affections occurs.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 07:39:58 AM »
I don't get why Barnabas just leaves Joe when the latter goes to Maggie's. Barnabas clearly knows that Joe is under the influence of a vampire and he is desperate to find out who that person might be. So why not at least keep Joe close at hand in the hopes that the vampire will reveal him (or, in this case, her) self? Color me puzzled.  [santa_huh]