Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0572  (Read 875 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0572
« on: October 23, 2013, 04:20:40 PM »
Robservations #572

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0572

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 04:46:08 PM »
I suppose if I don't recognize a VO person at this point, it's probably Lara without her Ang voice... but my notes don't indicate that she was in this one.   Suddenly Julia knows all about Nicholas and Maggie (pretty omniscient considering Maggie herself doesn't know yet).   Joe/Maggie scenes good, they seem "real"... Joel Crothers gets a lot to work with again, and does a great job.

[female_skull] [candle_in_skull] [skull_winks]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 05:20:26 PM »
KLS did the voiceover for this ep. And, yes, sometimes her voiceovers aren't as recognizable as other times.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »
Fantastic opening scene nicely executed by Hall & Frid. Really like Julia here. The whole thing was very atmospheric, though I think the cloudy day outside my window might be helping with that. Even the music was tight and on cue. I'm happy that the action is concentrating on Nicholas right now, making things a bit unpredictable. It's the least boring of all possible threads. Great start.

Hall is really rockin' it today. Loved Julia in the scene at the Evans' cottage with Maggie. Perfectly played. Nicely written. Not likin' Halls makeup though I am diggin' the hair. Remember when Maggie was highly suspicious of Julia? I wonder if that changed without my noticing or remembering or if it was just dropped from the context without any fanfare.

Poor dear turtlenecked Joe.

Wow, fantastic scene between Frid & Hall as Julia tells Barn that Nick will be gone from home at 5 PM. Wonderfully & flawlessly played. The chemistry is really coming through here - the dynamic duo.

Geezuz Joe, you couldn't leave out the door whence you came. Maggie getting thrown to the floor - a little bit funny out of context. Not exactly a pratfall, but...

Nice episode, great camera work. The final scene fell a little flat between Frid & Hall, but Frid and Crothers did a nice job, I liked the writing. I can see that exchange happening under that set of circumstances. Cute that Barn has Julia wait outside away from any spontaneous danger under the guise of being a lookout, that's how I saw it, anyway.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:23:17 PM »
Poor Joe...despite his best efforts to resist Angelique, and to reassure Maggie of his feelings for her, he can't help but go when Angelique calls and throws Maggie down to the floor when she tries to prevent him from leaving (something he practically begged her to to). I can only imagine how outraged Sam would be over Joe's treatment of Maggie if he were still around. [hall_undecided]

I really hate how Nicholas and Angelique are sabotaging Joe and Maggie's relationship. [hall_angry]

I love how Barnabas and Julia plotted to break into Nicholas' house to get try and get the dirt on him. They really are a dynamic pair in here.

Neat ending. We see Angelique's coffin opening up...and Barnabas is trying to get Joe to leave....not exactly thrilling, but nevertheless very interesting cliffhanger.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:38:45 PM »
I really hate how Nicholas and Angelique are sabotaging Joe and Maggie's relationship. [hall_angry]

It really bugged me the first time I saw this develop. As a matter of fact, I was sort of devastated. And, I was thinking today how I don't seem to care one iota this time around. Weird.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 10:11:11 PM »
Julia despite been recently at death's door must go out to see Maggie because she may know something about Nick.  This leads to a plot  by Barnabas and Julia to break into the walock's lair.  A crazed Joe wants to flee Collinsport with Maggie until the dogs howl and he kicks her to the curb.  Angeligue must get another one of KLS's men. Barnabas finds Joe there and Joe pleads with him to go as the coffin opens. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times