Author Topic: OT: Tawny Heatherton  (Read 513 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OT: Tawny Heatherton
« on: October 21, 2013, 01:00:10 AM »
You find Dark Shadows in the strangest places.

Last night, I attended David Drake's cabaret act, in which he plays a character called Tawny Heatherton. Tawny is the long lost niece of the almost forgotten '60's bimbo Joey Heatherton. What does this have to do with DS? The show is built around Tawny's somewhat bizarre life as a Joey knockoff. Tawny was a child star whose first job (at the age of four) was playing the ghost of Angelique on Dark Shadows. Now, everyone on the forum knows damn well that there was no such character on the show. But a lot of the aging baby boomers felt that they had seen it
 One guy even said that he had the tape.
It's a very entertaining show and I would recommend it. One other interesting tidbit. David Drake is a stage name. His real last name is Drakula!
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Tawny Heatherton
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:30:24 AM »
That sounds like a riot, Uncle Roger.

I keep noting just how frequently DS is mentioned now in various media forums, outlets and organs (or should that be orifices and organs, lol) and it seems a little unreal.  About 20 years ago if the subject came up I always felt I had to try to explain it.  I no longer feel the need to do that.

I haven't read any of the reviews from the debut of American Horror Story: Coven but it would be interesting to see just how often (if at all) DS is mentioned in them.

G.