Author Topic: weird DS dream  (Read 1021 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
weird DS dream
« on: October 13, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
anyone have a weird DS dream lately?

I rarely dream about the show. once in awhile one of the characters makes it's way into the background of whatever else i'm dreaming about but not the series per se...

but for some reason last night I had this very dry and literal dream about it. I dreamt that the 1968 "supernatural" cast...Robert Rodan, Marie Wallace, Humbert Allen Astredo, etc...were suing she show's producers because they felt that they were carrying the series' plot but that the old main cast...Joan Bennett, Louis Edmond's, Alexandra Moltke, etc...were paid more money and received "top billing". it was very detailed and the actors made a strong case in their argument(it's not like they didn't actually have a point).
unfortunately I woke up before the results of the lawsuit were revealed. [hall2_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

David

Re: weird DS dream
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
 [female_skull]  [candle_in_skull_2]

There's some truth to that dream: Marie Wallace was, I believe, a plaintiff in a lawsuit that helped get the DS actors residuals.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 04:45:37 PM »
Interesting. Though it's a good thing they didn't try that in real life because knowing how DC operated, he would have had them fired and replaced before they knew what hit them.  [hall2_wink]  [hall2_rolleyes]  So, the probable fact that they were still on the show in your dream while the lawsuit moved forward just goes to show that it was a dream.  [hall2_grin]

As for dreaming specifically about the show, I can't say I ever remember doing it. But I've had dreams in which DS and/or one or more of the actors and/or the characters pop in somehow.  [hall2_smiley]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »
once I had a dream where black-and-white Laura and Carolyn(not Diana and Nancy, mind you)just hovered in the background as mute witnesses to whatever else was happening in the dream of which I remember nothing.

after spending hundreds of hours with these characters they really permeate one's subconscious in a way other television characters do not.

David

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »
 [candle_in_skull] [candle_in_skull]
[candle_in_skull_2]

The lawsuit was in the early days of the Sci Fi Channel run, when the series was also being sold on VHS.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »
I remember that well prior to the resolution of the actual suit, when David Selby appeared on Pat Sajak's short-lived talk show, and after Sajak held up one of the MPI tapes, Selby, sort of with a laugh but also seriously, was quick to point out that he didn't make a penny from them. If I'm remembering correctly, it was in October of '89, just before the first tape was officially released.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 09:25:52 PM »
When I dream about the show it's usually about me finding books that I didn't know existed. I've not had them in a while. I think the Big Finish series is filling the desire for them. In my dreams I'd find a book that did not fit the "Barnabas, Quentin, and the Scooby Doo Monster of the Month."  I remember one vividly, Nicholas Blair was on the cover, and it was about his origin. I was surprised Barnabas was not in the book at all. How I knew this is a mystery. I didn't read the blurb on the back or flip through the pages. I just knew. Then I rifled through more books and found about a dozen more, each about different, and relatively obscure, DS characters. Now that I think about it, that's kind of like the Big Finish Series. The full cast dramas have the "traditional" core characters, Barnabas, Quentin, and Angelique. The dramatic readings though, are as likely to be about characters like Charity, Amanda, and even new characters.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 09:26:45 PM »
Interesting dream.  It's also true that Robert Rodan went into DC's office one day to ask for a raise.  The next day, Adam went into Prof. Stokes' spare room and was never seen or heard from again (though in all fairness, the script did provide a short explanation for his disappearance--if you had happened to dash into the kitchen for a cup of tea, however, you'd have missed it).

I can STILL remember a dream I heard during the original broadcast that I was at Collinwood and I was meeting Barnabas, Julia and members of the family.  (I have strong abilities in the area of lucid dreaming.)

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 12:48:20 AM »
the timing of the dream is odd too...

I haven't actively been viewing the series in a couple of years. I honestly cannot recall the last time I popped a DVD in. and certainly not the 1968 period.

viewing the depp film has really been my only recent activity around the series so it's funny I would have a dream specifically about that period and those actors at this point. [hall_rolleyes]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 08:11:39 AM »
You're being influenced remotely by the Watching Project.  We're at that point in DS now.

[candle_in_skull] [candle_in_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor