Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0563  (Read 1140 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0563
« on: October 10, 2013, 04:18:06 PM »
Robservations #563

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0563

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »
And on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnInSOTn8Y8

Happy viewing!

G.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 09:13:39 PM »
A black woman in Collinsport.  More unexpected than a werewolf possibly......  I don't know why the mere sight of a coffin in a basement would freak anyone out.   What did Tom think it might mean?   An unburied corpse?   Is that an emergency except for the weird people keeping it in their house?

Did Nick spike Maggie's drink?  (Close up on drinks, implying significance)   Did Nick actually make the drinks appear, under his evil hankie?  If so, Maggie ought to be considerably more weirded out...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 03:38:40 PM »
The nurse is played by Evelyn Atkinson--the only woman of color ever to appear on the show.

The reluctant Joe keeps his appointment with Angelique Weat the House by the Sea. He knows he should be with Maggie and then with Tom. Angelique assures him, Later, you and I will both see Tom. Suddenly the dreadful truth dawns on poor Joe as he gasps, You know about Tom! Angelique simply nods and holds out her arms. Despite his revulsion, Joe is utterly unable to resist and avidly seizes her, enthusiastically participating in his own ruination (a very well-done moment, by the way).

While Joe is visiting Tom at the hospital, Nicholas plies all his satanic charm to keep Maggie distracted.

We hear a squeaking outside Tom's window as Angelique approaches, but we never see her in bat form. Would it really have broken the budget?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »
Doesn't the bouncy bat on a string break the mood?   I think so.   A subtle passing vague shadow of a bat for a moment, maybe.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 01:35:08 AM »
Tom is coming out of the coma in another recycled plot line. Maggie is in Toms room. Nick learns that Joe is Tom s cousin and Nick decides Joe will ale care of things. Angeligue awakens with fangs barred for her prey as Nick focuses on his prey Maggie. Joe realizes that he and T om are sharing Angelique. Why does not Angelique just control Tom? 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 10:24:43 PM »
Decent OV-O by KLS (compaired to previous attempts).

I guess Ange is digging being a vamp because she surely looked eager to take care of Tom in lieu of Nicholas' failure to gain access. It was effectively nauseating.

KLS as Maggie seems to have a new 'look'. Maggie says that she & Joe see Tom every night. My first thought was bullshit but perhaps my lapse in viewing is messing with my sense of time on the show.

While participating in a fill in the blanks reply on the Games board I thought to my self that we haven't seen The blue Whale in a while - and here it is. Love the water reflection in the window. And my favorite Blue Whale tune is playing. Nice. Joe & Naggie have a normal soap opera scene. Nice freak-out response to Joe's banging the table in frustration.

Oh good lord, who the hell placed a rose in Parker's hand? Are you kinding me? And she's been supplied with a self opening coffin, on a timer no doubt...or is it magic? Either way, slick Nick is the best. Fangs, no fangs. Okay.

NB: If I were a magician, I'd wave my wand and you'd be care free and smiling.
ME: You are a magician in a way, aren't you?!
NB: In a way, yes.

And the award goes to HAA. Good goddess, his "In a way...yes." was sublime.

I'm getting tired of Victim Joe already. Ridiculous closing scene.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:30:44 PM »
Actually, it's only now that I'm getting interested again in what's going on with Joe, for the first time in 1968.   

I now see I was repeating myself with the following but I'm leaving it in, since I said it better this time--

In the Blue Whale... did Nick spike Maggie's drink?   They did something with the camera that seemed to imply this.   About the magic trick, apparently Nicholas either did real magic or an ordinary magician's magic-trick to make drinks seem to appear.  And no trick would have made it look as if two great big drinks were appearing under his handkerchief or napkin, that hadn't been on the table before.   It would have been clear that something like real magic had just taken place.   And Maggie would have screamed, or something, or reacted strongly.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 04:12:21 AM »
I wonder if Nicholas paid for those drinks he "conjured up." If not, I imagine the bartender can't be any too happy with a patron who undercuts his profits by creating drinks out of thin air.

Is Tom the only victim of a vampire who isn't compelled to hide his "master"'s secret from the general populace? For here he is blabbing to Joe about what he's seen and experienced at the hands (or should I say fangs?) of Angelique. And how clueless are the people of Collinsport not to recognize Tom's wounds and condition as similar to what occurred just a year or so back? Even Maggie doesn't make the connection. As with their belief in ghosts, it seems like the good citizens of Collinwood are born anew each day, completely oblivious as to what has happened in the past.